What’s best oil for my Audi R8 V10 2012 ?

Hello guys I’m new here, I’m looking to get some advice about what would be the best oil engine for my Audi R8 V10, I bought this used in the 2017 and as of now has 35.000 kms on and I drive only few hundreds kms per year, looking to sell it. It come the moment to have oil change as a year passed even I drove it only for about 200kms 😅 she’ll I change the oil filter ? In This car was since new was always used Mobil 1 5w40 then since I have it first oil change was with Royal purple 5W40, then red line same spec then Amsoil classic 5W40 even here in italy they advice the 5W30 I always thought that the w40 a bit thicker would be better for this car, I’m in love with usa oils as I think they are the best even pretty much expensive here. Consider that the temperature here in winter rarely goes below but normally is 4• to 16• in winter and summer reaches 35• any amicable advice would be very welcomed

Last edited:
Grab some of this at your local WM or order it online. If you request they might also ship it overseas. It could become a boutique oil there.

Super Tech.jpg

Last edited:
If the V10 in the R8 is port injected, then M1 0w40 FS. If it's direct injection then I'd be more inclined to run with M1 0w40 ESP.

It's DI and I'd definitely use VW 511 00/Porsche C40 today.
I'd go for either M1 ESP X3 0W-40 (perhaps in Audi-badged
bottles) or Ravenol RUP 5W-40 ('little' more $$). See:

This vehicle is spec'd for ACEA C3 (VW 504/507).

OP there are plenty of great oils available locally. I would look for one which has all of the following approvals VW 504/507, Porsche C30, Mercedes Benz 229.51 and perhaps BMW LL04. VW511/C40 perhaps instead of 504/507 Oil weight it's relevant.

Shell Helix (Sold as Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 in the US)
Mobil 1 ESP
Ravenol

Last edited:
This vehicle is spec'd for ACEA C3 (VW 504/507).

OP there are plenty of great oils available locally. I would look for one which has all of the following approvals VW 507/507, Porsche C30, Mercedes Benz 229.51 and perhaps BMW LL04. Oil weight it's relevant.

Shell Helix (Sold as Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 in the US)
Mobil 1 ESP
Ravenol

That's exactly what I would have expected, but the OP has said the book recommends 5w30 and 5w30. VW 504/507 only comes in 0w30 and 5w30 flavour.

If you say so although I don't know any that do.
Clearly, you just aren't hanging 'round the right circles good sir. The discerning ranks of the Bargain Brigade absolutely fawn over the prospect of a low priced budget store brand oil, regardless of whether it's approved for anything or not! 🧐

We will reach peak BITOG when somebody recommends it for a Ferrari or Lamborghini IMHO, though I must say, an Audi R8 isn't far off.

Back