What's Behind Mobil1 Being Recommended Oils for Vehicles....

Status
Not open for further replies.
HERE is your proof that it's all about money:

2001:
-Corvette comes with M-1 Factory Fill, -Reccomindation of M-1 to replace the oil.
-Oil life monitoring system set for a max of 15,000 miles

2001: Z28 (of which, I am a proud owner
wink.gif

-SAME EXACT MOTOR, (Only difference being the size of the iol pan).

-Factory fill: Plain-old dino 5W-30
-Refill Reccomindation: Dino oil
-Oil life system: Set for a Max of 10,000 miles.

People, we're talking about the same motor here. In fact, a case could be made that Camaro drivers are more apt to drive the car harder than Vette owners.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
One thing about Corvette owners, they might drive their cars hard, but believe me they don't neglect the oil.

There's being driven hard, then there's being driven hard.

A 1300cc Korean Sh*tbox econocar gets driven harder just keeping up with high speed traffic than 98% of Corvettes get driven on a spirited drive.

15 seconds of full throttle in the Sh*tbox gets you up to freeway speeds and might happen several times a day every day. Also a lot of long highway grades require full throttle for long periods of time just to keep up with traffic.

Full throttle for 15 seconds in a late model Corvette will get you up to over 120 mph and is not usually a daily occurance for most drivers, spirited or not.

That's interesting because the display read "hot engine oil" at high speed. Doesn't the car have a 5-30 for engine oil? Certainly squashes the "thinner oils run cooler" theory at 138mph. No? Or maybe that's why the vette gets synthetic? Shows you what dino 5-30 is really good for...groceries.
crushedcar.gif

I came across a picture of the Dodge Viper oil fill cap today on the srt forums (I'd post a link but big brother would get me). I was surprised to actually see the Mobil1 logo on the oil fill cap, in all of its proper colours too. Along with a recommendation to use Mobil1 oil and that Mobil1 is the factory fill. All this info on an oil fill cap if you can believe it. Now that is advertising if I've ever seen it. I'm sure Dodge is happy with it, but Mobil likely put some money into the relationship in order to get that much out of them.

interesting tidbit of info for ya.

Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back