Whatcha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Last beer/mixed drink/straight?

Drinking a Rolling Rock with a Lime Wedge, Pretty darn good!
thumbsup2.gif

Most underrated beer on the planet, for the money.

I can get a 12pk of Rock painted glass bottles for $8.79 at Meijer.

Another great value is Labatt Blue for around 9.99 per 12pk.

Rhum J.M. 50% rhum agricole and Plymouth Navy Strength (57%) gin.

I have also been enjoying hard ciders lately. The most recent was Aspall Imperial.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Last beer/mixed drink/straight?

Drinking a Rolling Rock with a Lime Wedge, Pretty darn good!
thumbsup2.gif

Most underrated beer on the planet, for the money.

I can get a 12pk of Rock painted glass bottles for $8.79 at Meijer.

Another great value is Labatt Blue for around 9.99 per 12pk.

$8.79 for Rolling Rock glass would be at the top end of top end down here. About $7 or so is more typical.

One gas station was selling 6 packs of Rolling Rock 16 oz cans for $4. I think it was some sort of fluke because they would ring up as a 4 pack. Even for a four pack though, that's a deal considering Natural Light and such is the same price. For some reason though, Rolling Rock just tastes better out of the painted glass bottles. Could be all perception, but I generally prefer a glass bottle.

tonight I took a few swigs of Johnny Appleseed Hard Cider, then tossed in a shot of Sailor Jerry into the bottle, swirled it around a little, and it tasted surprisingly good!

Not an everyday drinker, Yesterday and today both I had 2 buddies who turned 21, so yeah, serve with some guys in combat, you wanna be there for their first legal drink!

I don't drink much spirits, more of a beer and wine type. But after doing some work on my daughter's car which she can't pay for (cambelt, clutch and CV boots) she left a bottle in my car when she returned it. American Gold, a bourbon and honey mix. I can't keep away from it....having a shot glass of it every night.

I've been sipping Fireball whiskey, on the rocks.

A pinch goes a long way.

Then I started mixing it with a little Ace Pear Cider, that is a pretty good drink.

The drink that the kids are drinking is angry balls, which is fireball with angry orchard cider.

That is ok, but I like the taste of the whiskey so I drink it on the porch with a little ice and a good cigar.

The girlfriend introduced to me to that stuff. Pretty good, but a little too much on the sweet side for me. Apparently there is a peach version out there too? She had to order it.

Cant go wrong with the raspberry though. Tastes like pie filling. Lol.

We went finished off 2 btls of Fireball last yr at camp. Mostly, I like real whiskey over ice or neat. But thats social drinking at a place where I don't have to drive. Normally, at home, I drink very little. I'm very good natured, peaceful,and quiet when drunk. I was raised by teetotalers, my wife by a a guy who got mean drunk on 2 beers. He's long gone thankfully, but the damage he did to his nine children continues down through the generations. Booze can be bad. Kay??

My big discovery is that if you buy a gallon of red wine, the first glass may be gross. My first glass of Carlo Rossi Reserve Merlot was rude, I could barely get it down. It has to breathe, just like the good stuff. Screw the cap back on. Let a few weeks go by. Store at room temperature. It will be vastly improved.

Picked up a bottle of some Portuguese wine this afternoon from the grocery store. No idea what it is, but I'll find out soon enough...

DSC_6026.jpg

Can't stand beer any more and only drink a hand full of mixed drinks. 99% of the time you will find me drinking an amaretto sour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back