What would you guys use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm changing my oil yet again at 23000 miles. I have used Mobil 1 5-30 w/good result
grin.gif
, Mobil 1 10-30(start up noise, also found defective K&N oil filter part of problem)
mad.gif
confused.gif
thumbsdown.gif
, and the current GC 0-30
cheers.gif
. Right now I would like to try RL 5-40 or maybe Amsoil. Any feedback greatly appreciated.
worshippy.gif
bowdown.gif

P.S., I'm still underwarranty.

Why kind of car do you have? What type of engine is in your car? Personally, I would like to see a UOA with Redline 5w-40. By the way, no one will know what type of oil you are using unless you tell them.

SSDude
Member # 3011

posted January 23, 2004 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why kind of car do you have? What type of engine is in your car? Personally, I would like to see a UOA with Redline 5w-40. By the way, no one will know what type of oil you are using unless you tell them.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I've got a 03 Nissan SE-R w/2.5L. I also mentioned I've used Mobil 1 5/10/30 in the past and GC 0-30 currently.

If you keep switching so often you'll never know what works better. Have you done oil analysis yet on any of them?

I would go with the RL 5w30 instead of the 5w40. You will need to run it for at least two intervals to get a good idea on how it is doing and only a UOA will let you see this. Mobil and Amsoil seem do very well in Nissan engines according to UOA's. And last, UOA, UOA, UOA. The only way to determine what is best for your Nissan.

Pedro

[ January 23, 2004, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: pruizgarcia ]

by Patman
If you keep switching so often you'll never know what works better. Have you done oil analysis yet on any of them?

I appreciate your statement, I just ordered a analysis kit to test the current GC I've got about 6600 miles of hard driving on this batch of oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back