What would you guys choose?

I work for a auto parts store, about 2 mos. ago I purchased a 04 SE-R Spec V. I'm dumping the break in oil and I have access to Mobil 5-30 10-30 0-40 5-40, Castrol 5-40, Royal Purple and Chevron 5-30 and 10-30. Which oil would you guys use. [Big Grin] thanks [bowdown] oh yes i can even get synergyn.

As much as I like the 5w-40, it is a wee bit heavier then 0w-40 and a lil thick for this application. If I had to pick one oil for that car, it'd be GC, but def try the M1 0w-40 for mpg and good visc.

nismomanx21

The factory recommends 5-30, 10-30 or 10-40. One grade I also forgot to mention was the GC 0-30. I can order it. [Off Topic!] Has anyone heard of Leading Edge Lubricants, we carry them and also carry a synthetic oil that they make. [I dont know] I just wondering if they are any good. Again thanks for any replies.

I don't see any benefit from a 5wXX oil in your Texas climate. 10w30 would get my nod. Either the M1 or Chevron, depending on how you feel in the dino vs. syn debate (another whole topic).