What would you do? RE: Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that your oil-change tech is conscious while he does the work.
sleeping.gif

Use the Chevron Oil...good stuff, and it is true...You want your oil change tech to be consicious
smile.gif
Thanks for the humor Ken E.

If you can't get the 49 cent a quart deal, and your price runs close to the same, go Motorcraft or one of its siblings. I can get the 49 a quart and still I run MC and TA, it's just one of those feel good things
tongue.gif

In this case the CS would be the cheapest option.

I'd still supply them with a MC or WIX filter because they a filter named "Atlas" which I posted in the filter forum and not too many people knew anything about it.

quote:

Originally posted by 06RANGER:
So which would you do:

1) stay with Syntec
2) provide the Chevron station with MC
3) use their oil (CS)

Why would you use Syntec if you don't extend your OCI?
Just go with their oil.

I get my oil changed at a full service Chevron station by the same technician who is very concious.

I've only had one oil change on my present vehicle and provided the Chevron station with Syntec. I've been considering switching to MC. Lately I've been wondering about just using their oil, CS. So which would you do:

1) stay with Syntec
2) provide the Chevron station with MC
3) use their oil (CS)

Does Chevron make a 5W20? (they don't have it in this part of the country so not sure) I imagine they do as Havoline has a 5W20. I'd use the Chevron unless you can save a bit of money by bringing your own.

I happen to like CS a lot and am pretty miffed that it cannot be had back East...I just used the last of my mini stash of it last OIC. I guess Havoline is pretty much the same deal but it isn't .49 a quart!
frown.gif

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Ken E.:

Ya' don't s'pose 06RANGER meant to say, "conscientious", do ya'? (Naw, it's more fun to rip 'im a new one online, right?)

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ken E.:

Ya' don't s'pose 06RANGER meant to say, "conscientious", do ya'? (Naw, it's more fun to rip 'im a new one online, right?)

Of course that is what he meant. What made it funny for me when I read it was that sometimes you wonder if some oil change technicians are conscious, as most are not conscientious. We all realize it was a word choice mistake, just funny who he was talking about when the mistake was made. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back