Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by wemay
Haha! If my wife gets tired of it, off to you it goes, Adam. Lol

Haha! I dont have a wife; just a girlfriend and she doesnt live with me
wink.gif

Between you and Artem and fordvwbroncojetta; you guys cleaned up nicely
smile.gif

Originally Posted by OilUzer
What happened to all your Castrol or was it Valvoline? Used them up already?

Wemay returned his VWB to K Mart. What is a K mart anyways
lol.gif

Yup, took it all back.
lol.gif

Now all i have is Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil Super.

Yup, took it all back.
lol.gif

Now all i have is Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil Super.

Since you have more PP than MS5K I'd use the PP first
wink.gif

Last edited:
Doesnt oil only have a shelf life of a few years? Id keep the stuff youre gonna use and give the rest to friends, family or do a few oil changes for some senior citizens or single mothers in the neighbourhood or something.

I would save the PP SN+ oil for the Turbo only.

I think you said some of your PP score was SN, so just alternate MS5k, PP SN, and MSS.
If the MSS is SN+, then I may use it in the Turbo, depending on how much of the PP is SN+.

As for shelf life, that gets brought up all the time.
A few manufacturers give a 4-5 year life, but Valvoline says no expiration date.
The only real issue is making sure that the oil your using meets the spec of the engine you are using it in, and many will say shake the bottle up before using.

I have a good 5-6 years worth of oil (if I can quit buying it), and have no concerns since I have no plans of getting a vehicle in the next 10 years that needs more than SN oil.

So far i've given away most of the Mobil Super...

The gentleman who mows the properties on our street, the community handyman and a couple other fellas who help out others, quietly from in background. It always feels better to give than to receive. Thankful to be in the position to so.
smile.gif

So far i've given away most of the Mobil Super...

The gentleman who mows the properties on our street, the community handyman and a couple other fellas who help out others, quietly from in background. It always feels better to give than to receive. Thankful to be in the position to so.
smile.gif

We need more people like you in the world...

Thanks for the kind words but it really isn't much. I received $20 worth of rebate cash from Mobil for the two jugs of Mobil Super Syn, and each jug of MS5K was approximately $4/jug x 10 jugs = $40?

The oil means much more to them than it would to me, having so much PP on hand. This is the best part of being on bitog and sharing the great deals with each other.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words but it really isn't much. I received $20 worth of rebate cash from Mobil for the two jugs of Mobil Super Syn, and each jug of MS5K was approximately $4/jug x 10 jugs = $40?

The oil means much more to them than it would to me, having so much PP on hand. This is the best part of being on bitog and sharing the great deals with each other.

It's the thought and act that count. Good on you wemay.

Originally Posted by PimTac

It's the thought and act that count. Good on you wemay.

Exactly right PimTac... Well well done Wemay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back