What would happen if you put LC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
in the gas tank? I have not done this but I did catch myself reaching for the Lube control instead of the Fuel Power. If you did screw up and added 4-5 oz LC to gas what would happen?
dunno.gif

From what I gathered reading the analysis conclusion paper, both products are solvent based and SEEM similar. My understanding is that LC is used to keep oxidation in check, clean/soften deposits, and provide lubricity while FP cleans/softens fuel side deposits and provides additional fuel energy. I'm sure that the LC and FP obviously have different make-ups to tailor for each of their specific applications otherwise they could just sell the same product for both. Will LC in the fuel cause problems? Doubt it for a one shot mistaken application since it is safe on seals and such. But I'm no expert. Have you posted this on the Lube Control forum yet?

LC in fuel is acceptable.
In a gas engine,I noticed reduced fuel economy with LC instead of FP in the gas.A friend used LC in his diesel fuel and was floored by the increase in mpg/power he saw.
Don't put FP in your crankcase.
nono.gif

phone.gif
Call Odis @972/221-1343 for 'da scoop.

Mark

quote:

Originally posted by Chris B.:
Thank you gentelmen! No worries yet, I just need to watch what bottol's I reach for!
smile.gif

Hey, try almost pouring a drink instead of the additive... I have mine in my favorite container so far (Elements bottle-wish it was see through)
and ALMOST poured the wrong container in there.... I wonder what a drink in the gas would do??? No, I don't want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back