What would Be Your Perfect OIL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My perfect oil = what I currently use now:

1. Pennzoil Platinum during spring/summer/fall for Corolla.

2. Amsoil SS0 0w-30 for winter time use only in both vehicles.

3. Pennzoil YB/Formula Shell when its on sale in 5w-30 for my Saturn.

I think the ultimate (and it would be a top seller) is a Pennzoil Yellow Bottle good to 10K.

Last edited:
~8cSt@100C Ester-based 20wt with at least an 0.880 density base oil modified with ANs to suit.

Ca, MoDTC, P, Zn, B in that order
~12TBN, 3.5+ HTHS

thumbsup2.gif
i mean, why not?

PS -
shocked2.gif
at this thread's age

I'd like to collect waste oil from vehicles that use fully synthetic, put it through the re-refining process, and then fill it with premium additives. This would create an oil that performs extremely well at a very low price.

I'd also like a fully synthetic gear oil that has the "Delo ESI" gear oil additive package. I'd also like a version that is exactly 75w85 or 70w85 for applications that call for it.

I'd like a PAO/POE ATF that is 6 CST at 100C, and has an official license number from the car manufacturers that use 6 CST at 100C ATF.

Amsoil recently created the PSF that I have dreamed about, so I have no special wish there.

Quote:
the next frontier would be service life of the normally priced oils.

Luke: The reward would be ...
Han: How much?
Luke: Well more than you could imagine!
Han: I don't know. I can imagine quite a bit.

That is, "normally priced" may not be what we consider normally priced..

Quote:
Of course, a closely related issue would be to get customers to actually believe in the viability of their long-life oils.

That probably won't be a problem (see above).

"Once you have them by the short hairs ..their hearts and minds will follow".

Perfect Oil = Maxlife Synthetic with a bit more zddp.

My perfect oil has a healthy dose of additives, but not extreme, and meets the 3.5 minimum HTHS of ACEA A3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back