what would be a good oil for my app please????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning fellas. i have a 2010 toyota tundra that i don't get to drive much. i put maybe 1,000 miles a yr on it. it is rated for a 0w-20 or 5w-20 oil. what oil would y'all use for a 3 yr oci? which oil would have the best additive pack and wouldn't shear or lose its weight from just sitting alot of the time? obviously it will be a synthetic. i have had the current fill,toyota 0w-20, in for 1.5 yrs with 2,500 miles on it. and plan to change it at 3,000 miles. oh yeah the engine is the 5.7 liter aluminum V8.
thanks,
whitearrow->>>----------->

Last edited:
PU 5W20, or M1 EP 5W20. I'd get a UOA at the mid point and see how things are going with the oil. As long as you get the engine good and hot when you drive it I think you'll be fine.

The Amsoil, Pennz and M1 as suggested, I'd add Castrol's GC 0w30 to the list.
Better approach would be chubbs' annual with dino, though.

The first thought that comes to me is, why would anyone want to own (service, insurance) a vehicle that they drive less than 20 miles a week? Seems like very little return on a costly investment.

Stick with the Toyota 0W-20.
If you get the oil reasonably hot in the winter whenever you drive it (doesn't matter so much in the summer) it will go 3 years and 3,000 miles, no problem.

I guess if it was my truck I would change once a year. $30 a year is peanuts compared to the cost of your truck. If you are using 0-20 any of the major brands is fine since it would be a synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back