What would a reasonable gas price be to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strategic oil reserves being drained….

87 octane $1.25
89 octane $1.35
93 octane $1.50 a gallon

I'd be happy with $3/gal as well, but anything sub $4 is reasonable imo. Even at $4/gal, that puts US consumers at a significant advantage over the rest of the world. Most of the US population just doesn't get how fortunate (for lack of a better term) they are when it comes to gas prices.
Unfortunately most Americans have no good alternative to driving though, you can travel all over Europe very quickly using public transit.

We need to implement a rule that filling up half full costs more than half empty - so she might shut up …

We’re sitting in the mid $3 range here in Wisconsin, and while I’d like to see a leading “2” I certainly won’t complain about this… I was paying close to $3 in the fall of 2018, so current prices are within 40 cents or so of that. The “normal” prices people like to talk about were clearly not those of any point after February 2020 (remember when crude prices were negative because demand had cratered?)

Attachments

• FBFA1964-809C-4BBB-8A6B-23612299A397.jpeg
    FBFA1964-809C-4BBB-8A6B-23612299A397.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 8
Taking into account the consumer and oil company interests what do you feel would be a reasonable price per gallon for regular unleaded gas?

I would be happy at $3.00 a gallon.
The way it wuz 2 years ago, 2 bucks a gallon.

You have to remember if you want good U.S shale oil production it must be profitable to extract it.
Pioneer Natural Resources is a large independent that plans to cautiously grow production at 5% per year - and says it does not need to acquire more acreage to do so …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back