What would a reasonable gas price be to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything in the $4-$4.50/gal range is fine with me.

But my current usage is also minimal compared to prior years (and will likely remain that way for at least 5 years), so even if it was $8/gal, it would not change my habits.

Gas in the seattle area is $4.25 to $5 a gallon still depending on the gas station. would love $2.00 gas, but in this area because of taxes, i doubt i will see it again

I'm good at $3/gal for 87 and $4/gal for diesel.

chart.jpg

The chart is not adjusted for inflation.

I'd be happy with reg unleaded at around $3.59, I'd be very happy with it between $2.79 - $2.99.

$.50/gallon for regular 87
$.75/gallon for 91
$.90/gallon for 93
People think you jest
but because of months of this
98F1CD01-F337-4DAA-A626-4380E79E2B34.jpeg

There are a lot of people who believe anything above $2 is egregious and they expect gas to always be a buck and some change because it happened once.

I’ve had the I was only paying $0.99 a gallon conversation more times than I can count.
People lack an understanding of how the world operates.

People think you jest
View attachment 114020
There are a lot of people who believe anything above $2 is egregious and they expect gas to always be a buck and some change because it happened once.

I’ve had the I was only paying $0.99 a gallon conversation more times than I can count.
And I remember paying $0.799 back in the 1980s. But that's not going to happen again.
Folks who are bad at math or economics don't realize that the $1.00/gallon of their youth is likely $3-$4/gallon today give or take and depending on how old they are.
And, their car might get 2x the fuel economy it got when gas was that "cheap!"

i dont expect it to be a dollar, to me the sweet spot seems to be in that 2.50 to 3.00 a gallon. the demand stays flat and the producers are still making money. that just been my observation.

People think you jest
View attachment 114020

Your receipt doesnt show the taxes even though its a couple years old.
My cost here is only $3.14 which is a bargain if one takes into account 50 years of inflation. I wish my water bill and electric bill was as low.
High gas prices make great conversation and its a media field day for advertising profits but if the media would do their job they would tell the clueless public state by state (and local tax) the actual cost of gas compared to the tax on the gas.

$.50/gallon for regular 87
$.75/gallon for 91
$.90/gallon for 93
Is $30 too much to pay to fix your brake light? :cool:

There's one station by me selling for $3.59 today, while the others are $3.99-$4.29 or more. It bugs me because it's obvious that they could sell for less but choose not to. The cheap gas place attracts pandemonium, because of course it does.

Last edited:
People think you jest
View attachment 114020

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back