What would a reasonable gas price be to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with $3/gal as well, but anything sub $4 is reasonable imo. Even at $4/gal, that puts US consumers at a significant advantage over the rest of the world. Most of the US population just doesn't get how fortunate (for lack of a better term) they are when it comes to gas prices.

Taking into account the consumer and oil company interests what do you feel would be a reasonable price per gallon for regular unleaded gas?

I would be happy at $3.00 a gallon.
We have been around the low $3.00 a gallon for a while now here. Costco and Sams Club its $3.14 and most other well priced name brand stations about 10 cents more. Some Walmart and Murphy stations are pretty close to Costco and Sams Club at times.
Certainly cheap enough for me and why I love my low tax state. ;)

Last edited:
$3.19 and below I'm content with. But we don't drive a ton and our cars are reasonably efficient.

The local stations I normally use are only 10 miles farther from the city than other places on the very same road that I could go to, but those locals are always 25 cents MORE. That's what gets me mad.

Don't care much, I use only 230 gallons a year now that I am retired

The BIG deal up northeast is Diesel prices and soon #2 home heating oil.

Many People are going to be put in the poor house trying to afford ~ $3000.00
for heating their home across this coming winter.

$2.50 a gallon.

Not sure we'll ever see that again in life, but. Yeah, gas has come down, guess what it's still too high.. yeah.

Anyone else feeling bad about feeling good, like me? The relief is welcome.. but.. it's like an example used of pants.. when something happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back