What will this site be called

I love changing oil...as sad as that sounds lol....and tinkering with my ICE
Same here. If electric takes over which it will eventually I have no doubt then I’m leaving this career because I hate working on electric cars. My state just joined some other states so by 2024 the amount of ICE that can be sold at a dealership will decrease and then the number will go up every year after that. So my job is in jeopardy anyway.

Same here. If electric takes over which it will eventually I have no doubt then I’m leaving this career because I hate working on electric cars. My state just joined some other states so by 2024 the amount of ICE that can be sold at a dealership will decrease and then the number will go up every year after that. So my job is in jeopardy anyway.
agree

I like the challenge of something going wrong...researching it and fixing on the weekend...like therapy

I'm only 22...even when my friends went out clubbing...my ass was home wrenching..i enjoyed it more.

agree

I like the challenge of something going wrong...researching it and fixing on the weekend...like therapy

I'm only 22...even when my friends went out clubbing...my ass was home wrenching..i enjoyed it more.
Haha 😆 18 here 19 next month and pretty much same for me. Luckily all my friends are wrenchers too we hang out and have a good time.

Haha 😆 18 here 19 next month and pretty much same for me. Luckily all my friends are wrenchers too we hang out and have a good time.

also my love for working on cars came from buying a 2002 civic back in 2015 i was 16...my 1st car...142k

ended up doing the headgasket...when i was done and it actually started up without blowing up...i was like wow...i can actually do this

did the timing belt also....that car got me through HS and some of college...it wouldn't die, ended up selling it due to rust at 260K

also my love for working on cars came from buying a 2002 civic back in 2015 i was 16...my 1st car...142k

ended up doing the headgasket...when i was done and it actually started up without blowing up...i was like wow...i can actually do this

did the timing belt also....that car got me through HS and some of college...it wouldn't die, ended up selling it due to rust at 260K
Haha. What got me interested was helping my dad do spark plugs in our Jeep Cherokee back in gosh probably 2010 or so when I was 8 and I accomplished two things that day changing a spark plug by myself when he done the rest and loosing a 10mm socket for the first time lol. He got mad that he couldn’t pull the socket off the plug when it got threaded all the way in so he threw it through then windshield the ratchet, and extension and socket and threatened to find the person that invented spark plugs and well I can’t go into detail about the rest 😆😆. I then decided I wanted to do this as a career. Also the fact that hardly any mechanics are trustworthy anymore is part of the reason too.

Haha. What got me interested was helping my dad do spark plugs in our Jeep Cherokee back in gosh probably 2010 or so when I was 8 and I accomplished two things that day changing a spark plug by myself when he done the rest and loosing a 10mm socket for the first time lol. He got mad that he couldn’t pull the socket off the plug when it got threaded all the way in so he threw it through then windshield the ratchet, and extension and socket and threatened to find the person that invented spark plugs and well I can’t go into detail about the rest 😆😆. I then decided I wanted to do this as a career. Also the fact that hardly any mechanics are trustworthy anymore is part of the reason too.

I wish my dad was into fixing cars..he's the office type

When i complained about having to put money into my car the headgasket

he goes...no one told you to buy that POS lol...love my dad

^^^ Or how many "miles per hour, MPH" your EV can take while charging. 😅

BTW guys, there is an "Electric Vehicles" forum on BITOG, so the prep work is underway, lol.

Eh, it’s not going to be an overnight thing anyways-it’s going to take some time to even build up enough places to charge up....gas stations had quite the start! In the next 10 years or so I still see at least a 50/50 mix of Both EV and ICE.

While there are advantages of EV, there are also many that need to be worked out.....

Back