What were your thoughts on WM Tech 2000 years ago?

Sitting here thinking about how my friends and myself would make fun of our penny pinching good buddy back in the day for using WalMart Tech 2000 back in the middle/late 90s. Of course, that was wayyyyyyyy before my BITOG days. Now a days -- Super Tech is a go to oil for a plethora of people -- hence I agree -- it has the certs/approvals.

Dale

Knew friends who used it. I was busy penny pinching by purchasing Exxon SuperFlo for about 49 cents/qt on sale.. Used Fram filters, too. Somehow the vehicles and I both survived.

My first BMW used a qt every 1500 miles. mostly a head gasket leak. Wal Mart 25w50 for 200K retired due to rust with 350K on it. Best commuter car I ever had. Meets or exceeds specs. Same specs met or exceeded. just more 'spensive.
grin2.gif

2000 years ago oil and food would have been coming from Gaul-mart and A&P (Alexandria and Persia).

I "knew" it was quaker state b/c it showed up on QS pallets.

Four quarts at $.74/qt and a STP filter for $1.97 and I had an OC for under $5 any day I wanted. This was my first oil change, on my first car, a 1989 mazda 323. I only trusted the 10w30 because we all knew 5w30 would shear, pronto.

Pre-BITOG, I knew the champ made STP filter was great due to the Mini-mopar study.

Worked for WM Canada in the mid-90's. Tech 2000 was 77 cents a litre for 10W-30; 88 cents for 5W-30. We sold it by the shelf every day.

Was regarded as junk oil to keep junk on the road by pretty well everyone.

Originally Posted by Trav
WM Tech 2000 years ago

AFAIK the ox cart didn't need oils.

It did. Thats how Schaeffers started.

WM Tech 2000 years ago

LOL....My man
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
WM Tech 2000 years ago

It did. Thats how Schaeffers started.

My man x2.
grin.gif

I'm not sure what ovary and testicle parts of me were in at that point in time.

My ancestors were busy running the Romans out of Germany. Their secret weapon was to spray Penetro on their swords before battle.

Back