what wax and tire cleaner is best against UV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jjk
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher

Regarding the tires, tire shine wont really do much to keep your tires lasting longer. As long as you don't use harsh degreasers that can hurt the rubber you should have a long life with washing and keeping your tires clean. Collinite is nice for rims if you have them but it will mostly protect from brake dust sticking versus keeping your wheels longer.

I dilute degreasers 4-1 unless I know I can use it full strength. I have degreasers that I use for other items. I priced tire cleaners and just thought what advantage does these products have over degreasers or all purpose cleaners outside of getting the tire shiny

This might be miscommunication on my part. I use diluted Zep Orange degreaser for my wheels and it works great. I meant harsh degreasers or avidic based degreasers. As these have their place for tires/wheels that have been neglected I think either a diluted degreaser or car wash soap should suffice.

Quote:

Are there any other products that you found to be good? Up north during summer I liked using nufinish or Meguiars products(I like their soap), it rained a lot during the summer. It was just during winter the constant washing and salt could be murder on any car. I wasn't sure how well they would hold up under the constant sun in Florida plus all the bugs and bird droppings. I seen what the sun and bugs can do to a car

I have some friends that own boats I ask them if they some of those products you mention that are sold at Maine shops. If they do I am sure they letme try some

303 is the best I know of for vinyl & rubber. There are hundreds of paint sealants available. Two others that comes to mind is Duragloss #501 and #105. #501 is a chemical paint cleaner with sealant and #105 has very light cleaners and more sealant.

The Zep Orange cleaner/degreaser mentioned in the above post also works well on tires. Home Depot and others carry it. Put it in a $10 garden sprayer and forget the trigger sprayers.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
The Zep Orange cleaner/degreaser mentioned in the above post also works well on tires. Home Depot and others carry it. Put it in a $10 garden sprayer and forget the trigger sprayers.

Exactly the way I do it. I spray the wheels/tires and wheel wells. As I have hub caps and not wheels I cannot speak if Collinite will stand a chance again the orange degreaser but I DO recommend the degreaser for wheels/tires/wells for economical and effective cleaner

I keep my cars around 10 years and find NU-Finish works well for me..I use it every 4 months..I have no garage or carport..The Nu-Finish holds up well for me in the blazing sun and monsoon rain.

I use Turtle wax bug and tar remover when I head down I-75&I-275 going to Tampa every once in awhile..The love bugs are real nasty!

For tires I use whatever is on sale but nothing for most part as daily showers and sprinklers generally take the shine off the same day I put it on.

I've been using the 303 stuff for a fee years now and love it as well. I was introduced to it by the Jeep crowd when I had my 08 Wrangler. I was looking for something to use on my soft top and had it recommended to me by alot of Jeep owners. It made my top look better than the day I bought it. It also makes all exterior/interior plastics look like factory new, not greasy our glossy. Seems to hold up as good our better than the over the counter stuff. Get it by the gallon jugs if you can find it

Used 303 for years and the 15 year old Tacoma's dash looked brand new. Water based, not greasy.
Dash, Black trim on outside of vehicle, tires, especially the sunroof trim, under the hood on any black plastic.
They also have a quick detailer I like a lot too.

The stuff is amazing.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: afoulk
I've been using the 303 stuff for a fee years now and love it as well. I was introduced to it by the Jeep crowd when I had my 08 Wrangler. I was looking for something to use on my soft top and had it recommended to me by alot of Jeep owners. It made my top look better than the day I bought it. It also makes all exterior/interior plastics look like factory new, not greasy our glossy. Seems to hold up as good our better than the over the counter stuff. Get it by the gallon jugs if you can find it

To soon for me to say on whether the vinyl stuff is good---but I got it at a kayak place and those guys ought to know. I can vouch for the upholstery protectant. It successfully resisted a small coffee spill even though I wasn't able to wipe it up for a few hours. The upholstery stuff has a very narrow storge temp--like between 32 and 90 degrees. So practically, it has to be stored inside. Also, you have to apply it in a ventilated area. As always, the really good stuff is poisonous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back