What washer fluid has decent water beading tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The napa stuff used to bead good but it doesn't any more. The supertech used to but not anymore. It seems everyone has cheapened their formulas. The rainX stuff didnt impress me when I tried it about a year ago either. WHat do you all use?

I use the Rain-X "bug wash" stuff. It's not an antifreeze though.

Works really well. Especially once you apply Rain-X.

Don't you want washer fluid to really clean the windshield? Or you prefer the washer fluid to aid smearing all over it??

Rain X wiper fluid works very well after a period of time. It does not work instantly but eventually it creates a film and windshield wipers become less necessary compared to most folks vehicles.

I tried the rub on stuff and its difficult to apply.

I use the orange Rain-X fluid from Wal-mart. It will eventually cause water to bead on the glass, but it takes quite a bit of time for the glass to be "conditioned" to do that.

I tried the Peak brand washer fluid from Sam's Club and it was terrible.

I would agree if you can laydown a coat on your glass first that's the best.

If you are having problems applying rainx, buy the Wipes. It's still only like $4 at the parts store for like 30 wipes; and like 2-3 will do all your car's windows.

It will make it very easy to apply. You are getting way way less of the magic juice versus the bottle of liquid, but heck, the liquid wasn't working for you in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back