what was the last year CR-V had a non-CVT geared transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are all losing their manual transmissions it seem the new CVT just bring in too much money for them to ignore it.
Hence the elimination of the CVT dipstick.

Something else to think about:

I have a 2013 with the traditional 5-speed automatic. Merging in and out of highway and city traffic is normal, i.e., acceleration when needed to safely merge.

However, my parents have a 2017 with the CVT. One time I had to take them to the airport out of town, and that !@#$% CVT almost got us hit a few times. Gave it gas to merge, and it would rev up and do nothing for about a second, which was a huge pucker factor when changing lanes to merge, etc.

I'll gladly keep my 2013 model.

JMHO, YMMV.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
They are all losing their manual transmissions it seem the new CVT just bring in too much money for them to ignore it.
Hence the elimination of the CVT dipstick.

They discontinued the manual trans way before they went to the CVT. The last year for the manual trans was 2006 and they didn't start using a CVT until 2015.

not interested in manual trans, just a regular, geared auto...no CVT. CVT's belong in snowmobiles and ATVs but not cars.

Originally Posted by Auae85
Something else to think about:

I have a 2013 with the traditional 5-speed automatic. Merging in and out of highway and city traffic is normal, i.e., acceleration when needed to safely merge.

However, my parents have a 2017 with the CVT. One time I had to take them to the airport out of town, and that !@#$% CVT almost got us hit a few times. Gave it gas to merge, and it would rev up and do nothing for about a second, which was a huge pucker factor when changing lanes to merge, etc.

I'll gladly keep my 2013 model.

JMHO, YMMV.

We have a 15 with the CVT. with econ mode off it will Jump off the line and spin the tires without hesitation. In traffic, yes, you have to lead it a bit. Driving in Sport mode reduces the lag time, but I never need it - know the car, it's timing and its limits.

to me this is the same we went through when moving to EFI from carb'd cars. Carbs have an immediate response that EFI lost. Felt like a rubber band between the pedal and the throttle when EFI came out. Especially with finessing a manual, EFI lag was a big difference.

If you had to live with the CVT, you'd figure the timing out.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
You want a CRV for yourself and are you a guy? It's a women's vehicle in my part of the country.

For my wife actually, but thanks for your input

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Originally Posted by skyactiv
You want a CRV for yourself and are you a guy? It's a women's vehicle in my part of the country.

For my wife actually, but thanks for your input

You can drive it too, if you wanted. All of your man-parts will stay intact. I would know; I drove one for a year, and I couldn't even tell I was driving a "women's vehicle." In fact, I never knew it was a "women's vehicle" until reading this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back