What VPN do you Recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Proton offers a free tier to their VPN service. No bandwidth cap but the free tier reports "medium" speed.

https://account.protonvpn.com/signup

Tried to get it set up on my router with openVPN client - no luck. Keep getting "auth_failed" all the time. Not sure why it's not working.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Figured it out, finally. Painfully slow, and most Roku channels refuse to work with it.

Thanks - I stumbled upon that service recently and didn't know what to make of "medium speed"... As well, the free tier works through servers in 3 countries, which do not seem to be specified. Where those servers are plays a major factor for those of us who'd like to access region-specific content!

Originally Posted by uc50ic4more
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Figured it out, finally. Painfully slow, and most Roku channels refuse to work with it.

Thanks - I stumbled upon that service recently and didn't know what to make of "medium speed"... As well, the free tier works through servers in 3 countries, which do not seem to be specified. Where those servers are plays a major factor for those of us who'd like to access region-specific content!

The only servers I saw available for the free tier were US based ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back