What vehicle fluids do you keep in your vehicle just in case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing usually.

When one of my trucks had a growing water pump leak, I did carry around a gallon of premixed coolant until I could deal with it.

1l of oil and some screenwash. Neither of my Volvos use any oil, it's a habit from several turbocharged VWs that used to suddenly eat oil at high temperatures on long journeys. I used to carry ATF in my 240 before I had the gearbox overhauled. If I've repaired something involving fluid (e.g. power steering) I usually carry some with me until I'm sure my handiwork hasn't fallen apart
grin2.gif

Nothing I drive a Ford
But I do have 3 tow straps in the storage compartment to tow all the broke down Chevys out of the road from time to time !!
...³...³...³...‚...‚...‚...‚...‚...‚

I have some washer fluid and a partial quart of oil in the Sentra, but otherwise I don't keep any around. When I drove a beater, I had oil, ATF, washer fluid, and coolant ready to go.

Did not read this thread. But I do all the work (except warranty work) on all my vehicles. I keep nothing in our cars. That is what a AAA card is for.

Don

Normally I carry nothing but when I drove 5 hours on the highway to a wedding in my 36 year old Oldsmobile I packed all my tools, oil, water and power steering fluid. I also have CAA. The trip was uneventful. I feel safer having all that stuff with me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back