What type of Dog Breeds do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my GSD pup (8 months) in the Cherokee!

nqXo59V.jpg

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Miniature Schnauzer

Loyal, Sturdy, Devoted, Scary Smart ...

All dogs are great, love them all, more loyal to mankind then mankind is to each other.

We have a first generation Schnoodle. Schnauzer/Poodle, he never seases to amaze us. (my wife does this to him on Halloween every year)

Last edited:
A pair of lab/poodle mixes...I hesitate to call them Labradoodles because they are first generation. 16 month old neutered male, black curly coat, 85 Lbs, 9 month old neutered male, wavy blonde coat, 90 lbs and still growing. These two are best friends, and laid back, cool dogs. They have never really chewed anything as pups, easiest dogs ever to potty train.

The last kid went away to college and my wife said the house was too quiet...

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Bogle, Corgi, Old English Sheepdog, Chi-Pin

any pictures? At least of the Sheepdog.

We have a 10 year old German Shepherd female who is an outside dog. In the house, an almost 2 year old standard poodle female who's coat is black as the night sky. Then we have a 9 month old male standard poodle who is almost multicolor.

We plan to breed the two poodles.

Not going to mention the two female, both fixed, in the house. Fun times indeed!

3 mutts, all strays or rescues. Two are some sort of lab mix, one is a whippet or Italian greyhound mix and realy fast! All are between 50 & 60 lbs.

We've always had mutts, they find us more than we deliberately look for them.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
A good dog is a great thing!!!

I have a Norwegian Elkhound.

arf_2.jpg

d6eb588894a8b41dea0db67464c52415.jpg

Yep, Elkhounds are the most awesomest of dogs...here was mine, Akasha.

And her Pal, Bonnie Jean Mirlu (just Bonnie), a husky cross Samoyed.

Towards the end, when Akasha's night vision was failing, Bonnie would walk with her out into the yard to urinate at night...she'd walk slowly, shoulder touching shoulder with Akasha to help her in the dark.

You don't own a dog since it is a part of the family.
Our only dog was a Great Pyrenees now long dead.
A large protective breed that's very good with children.
He was around 140 lbs at his healthy young peak and he shed his long white coat continually.
A sweet dog that may not do well with strangers and will certainly not allow anyone to enter his house without your having let them in.
A protective breed of dog is much better than any firearm for home defense, since no firearm will alert you to any threat as you lie sleeping, while a dog will and a large protective breed will also discourage any potential intruders.

Our fur covered children consist of the following :

1 Mini Lab/Golden retreiver mix , Stray

1 Bourbonnais pointer , Stray

1 Doberman / Rotty Mix , Stray

1 Australian kelpie , Foster Fail

1 Mini Schnauzer Daushound mix , Foster Fail

1 Chihuahua (not mini) , Owner surrender

and last but not least

1 Yorkshire Terrier (Silky) , Foster fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back