What to use next?

JHZR2

Staff member
Our 2014 odyssey got cquartzUK when we bought it, and SiO2 mist on/spray off applied ever since. I think it’s time to chase some minor marring/swirls that I’m seeing in the sunshine.

My time is extremely limited. Lots of kid and family commitments. 3 hours is probably all I can afford to wash/dry/correct/coat. What should I run next?

Whatever it is I’ll probably use on a few other cars in my collection.

I'd use Optimum Gloss Coat, Feynlab Ceramic Lite, Technician's Choice Coating, Gyeon Can Coat Evo. Top with Tec582. All are super easy to apply. Easy as applying a regular sealant actually. :)

I'd use Optimum Gloss Coat, Feynlab Ceramic Lite, Technician's Choice Coating, Gyeon Can Coat Evo. Top with Tec582. All are super easy to apply. Easy as applying a regular sealant actually. :)
All of them? Sequentially?!?

Is one better than another?

Thinking I’ll use optimum compound with my flex and then apply whichever.

So much pollen I’m not sure I’ll get the topper on without another wash!

All of them? Sequentially?!?

Is one better than another?

Thinking I’ll use optimum compound with my flex and then apply whichever.

So much pollen I’m not sure I’ll get the topper on without another wash!
LOL

Honestly they're all pretty darn close in performance. The Can Coat Evo is probably the best "beader" if you care about that. Should last 12-18 months too. Gloss Coat is usually good for 1-3 years and also easy to use. Decent hydrophobics but not quite as good as Can Coat. I have not used Feynlab Ceramic lite but always read good things about it and it's very easy to use as well.

The coating "lite" products as they seem to call them have come along way. They're as easy to apply as any wax or sealant. You literally wipe on, wipe off and you're done.

I haven't used the Technician's Choice coating, but it's probably as good as any within its price range. Their TEC582 is super good. @The Critic recommended that one to me.

Back