What to use in 83 nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall,

well here it is, its time to go through and change all oils in the old 83 nissan 710 pickup. Front&Rear diff, trans and transfer case. Will be running synthetic in engine. Looking for cost effectiveness but quality as well, would like to use synthetic. Looking for ideas or anything anyone has used and found to be good. thanks in advance

Not sure if you can get it easily, but I like Schaeffer's Products. Fantastic lubes for a great price. Availability is sometimes a different story. If there's no dealers near you, Salesrep is a good guy to deal with.

Edit: at least for motor oil and ATF, gear lubes usually only come in Pails as smallest packaging
frown.gif

actually i was thinking amsoil as then i would not have to worry about changing it out for a long time and i wouldn't need any special fluid, one stop shop

Just about any full synthetic brand would be a one stop shop.

Amsoil, Mobil1, RoyalPurple, Amalie, Castrol, Valvoline, Redline, Schaeffers, ............ would work well.

What are the requirements for each component?

If it gets cold in Montana, full synthetics are a worthy upgrade.

cold, we are not even to our cold season yet and already we are at our high for the next week, which is 24.

We expect to see temps as low as -6 without the wind that is supposed to come with it, temps will be as low as -30 in some spots with the wind.

so really yes i want nothing but full synthetics in all. im leaning towards royal purple as it is readily available but so is mobil1 and mobil1 is what we use in our shop so its really accessible for me. thanks guys,

Ouch, I won't be relocated to Montana any time soon.
M1 and RP are both good choices.

I would use M1 0W40 engine oil which can be had at Walmart and everyone has a Walmart. I would use one of the following brands for gear lube and ATF: Mobil-1, Amsoil,Redline,Neo,Motul. I prefer Redline for all of my gear lubes I think they make the best product and are worth every penny for a good gear lube.

As for dino gear oils I would only use those premium brands that work with minning and heavy equipment like Schaffer's,Swepco and Cenpeco. Schaffer's makes some killer gear lubes but I do not like their motor oils at all!

For an 83 model vehicle I would use the cheapest syn fluids I could find. Supertech has syn gear oil at walmart.

i can find gear oil rather easily, well some of it, motul and neo are gonna be difficult. mobil 1 0-40 can be had at any walmart as long as it is not any of the two in this town they do not carry 0-40 0-30 mobil 1 afe but thats about it for the 0w-xx stuff i can find.

ill keep looking and see what i can find all over town, thanks again everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back