What to put in wifes Sequoia transfer and diffs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought a used Sequoia back in 0ctober its an 06 with around 60k on it. I want to do change the fluid in the front and rear diff and transfer case. I need to dig up the manual but I was wandering what you guys use and how much??

Definitely go with what the owners manual calls for as far as the weight goes. It will be under capacities and specifications in your owners manual.
I'm suspecting 75w-140 in the diffs and maybe 75w-90 in the transfer case. Must be a 4wd Sequoia?

I prefer to run Valvoline Synpower (fully synthetic) in my diffs.
But I'm not against the M1 gear oils either.

Unless the recommendation has changed from '01 to '06, Toyota calls for 7wW-90 in the xfer case and front diff, and 80W-90 in the rear diff. My choice is any good brand of synthetic 75W-90 in all.

Take a good look at the fluid, especially in the xfer case and front. If they look like new, they probably are as good as new, and there's not need to change unless you want to go syn.

While you're at it, change the power steering fluid and brake fluid along with everything else. They all deteriorate with time, heat, and moisture.

Full synth 75w90 in the front end and transfer case. And, a full synth 75w140 in the rearend.

I've seen some Toyota 'end failures and will only use the 140wt in the rears regardless of what the owners manual says.

If it has never been changed, you might to see how low the cold gear oil levels are, by simply topping off all 3 and measuring how much it takes prior to overflow. 60k is definitely an overdue interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back