What to do with these tokens?

good Afternoon BITOGERS. A friend gave me all these tokens Friday. Cleaning up junk in his house/shed. I don’t even know where a video game/arcade is anymore. Our mall had nothing except Rural King and few other stores. How would you recommend I dispose of these or is there a place I can go and give them to?

Thank You all

8E3B7E76-7346-4208-99A5-D5EAE218726F.jpeg

I'd sell them to car washes or mini golf places or batting cage machine places. No sense in keeping them IMO.

Still have one or two Garden State Parkway tokens. Introduced in the early 1980’s to speed thru tolls they were eliminated in 2008 or 2009 I believe. Now it’s all high speed EZ pass. Toll collectors in New Jersey had an easy, Union protected, monotonous job for years. All gone except for those still collecting a pension. If you could survive the fumes from vehicles accelerating out of the toll booths.

Attachments

• F1E42A99-39E6-4869-8889-9FAA9FA8ED27.jpeg
    F1E42A99-39E6-4869-8889-9FAA9FA8ED27.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 17
They're worthless unless they're used at the place that sold them. If you used them (presuming a machine accepted them) at a car wash, vending machine, video game arcade, etc, I mean technically that would be "theft".

How would you recommend I dispose of these
Walk over to your trash can, open the lid, drop them in, close the lid.

On a related note, my brother, and I, have always been amateur numismatics. When we get together we enjoy pouring over my large collection of foreign coins, tokens, etc that I accumulated while bus driving into and out of Manhattan. It’s very interesting to research these bits of history.

Toss them in fountains or put them in geocaches when you go charting. You could also place them on tombstones. Drill holes and make a necklace. Turn them into coat buttons or small drawer pulls. Throw a handful of them behind you on the ground if you are being followed by unsavory characters in a densely populated third-world urban area. The locals will scramble for anything that glitters and this will foil your pursuers. Load them up in shotgun shells.

Last edited:
Buy a brick of 22lr and practice your markmanship skills. Each time you start getting 4 out of 5 shots, take one more step back. Repeat until out of tokens.

Drill holes in them to make washers. Give them to a coin collector or someone to make jewelry or whatever out of. Drill them and use with a wind chime. Give them to kids at halloween.

Back