What tires do y'all recommend?

What do you expect for an ultra high performance tire? 60,000 mile warranty?

If that is what you're looking for, you're in the wrong category of tire. Try a grand touring all-season like a Continental PureContact LS, if you want a high treadlife warranty tire.
A set of Conti ultra high performance all season DWS 06 has been on my SS Sedan now for 61,000 miles
Will fit a new set at the end of the month. Warranty was 60,000 miles.

Costcos gotta sale going on for Michelin tires. I can get 4 Michelin - Pilot Sport All-Season 4 for $500 installed. Any other brand/model you guys recommend? The only thing I dont like is it only comes with a 45k mile tread warranty from Michelin.
View attachment 45431
Have these on the mustang. Like them just fine and recommend them. Just to point out I generally do not like michelin but these have been a good purchase. Got them at Costco as well.

I doubt you'll get the treadlife warranty out of them. First, you're not the original buyer so no warranty paperwork and usually not transferrable. Second, the tires have to be worn out and you're not there yet, they wear out slower as the tread goes down. I think I once got about 80k out of a set of Goodyear Tripletreds. But that was because I hardly rotated tires and that set was mostly on the rears. 45k is probably about the standard amount of thread life you'd get out of a set of high performance tires. If you don't drive that much, I wouldn't chase higher treadlife tires. Costco only gives you a 5 year road hazard warranty on the tires and maybe by 6-10 years, it'd be time for a new set anyway. Those are the Michelin's I'd install once my AS 3+ wear out.

Two of my favourites are: Nokian hakkapelitta r3 and Bridgestone Blizzak ws90.

Nokian are probably hard to find where you live.

I used to have Michelin Winter tires years ago ( 2005 ) but I didn’t like them despite being very quiet and good on ice. They didn’t handle snow well. Not sure what newer models are like but the ones I had were supposed to be the best back then.

Two of my favourites are: Nokian hakkapelitta r3 and Bridgestone Blizzak ws90.

Nokian are probably hard to find where you live.

I used to have Michelin Winter tires years ago ( 2005 ) but I didn’t like them despite being very quiet and good on ice. They didn’t handle snow well. Not sure what newer models are like but the ones I had were supposed to be the best back then.
the org. xice were average at best.. and their sporty winter tires were worse.

The new ones are very good perhaps not class leading winter traction but when you consider all aspects of the tire they are pretty amazing.
ie treadwear, handling, quietness, dry and wet traction, and combine that with above average winter characteristics.

The xice snow are definitely on my list.

Update: Got some new continental control contact sport srs tires put on for $350 for all 4 tires. $244 back on the Pirelli's
happyanim.gif

The discount tire manager was surprised how quickly the tread wore out on the Pirelli's
laugh.gif

Can’t get cheaper than that

Attachments

• Inked150229117_436743227774830_7247145882182759803_n_LI.jpg
    Inked150229117_436743227774830_7247145882182759803_n_LI.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 8
Back