What things did your parents tell you that weren't true

By the time you kids realize I actually know what I am talking about, you will have kids of your own who think you know nothing.
“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” -- Mark Twain

I was told I needed to wait 15 minutes after eating anything to swim because I'd get " cramps".

Not one of us ever waited the full 15 minutes - and none of us ever had any of these cramps that were spoken of.

I was told I needed to wait 15 minutes after eating anything to swim because I'd get " cramps".

Not one of us ever waited the full 15 minutes - and none of us ever had any of these cramps that were spoken of.
That nothing, my mom made us wait 3 hours, go figure...

Beta max was better though.

It was better - and the format went on to rule electronic acquisition and post in various forms

Betacam SP Analog Video (R-Y/b-y/ Y) (35K)

Digital Betcam - CCIR 601 (50K) < you needed 3 in an editing room>

HDCam (master record format cost about 80K

HDCam SR (higher bitrate version of above) 115K loaded.

I made tons of money buying selling and renting these.
Sony only lost the monopoly (to my current company) when the tsunami wiped out the sole source of HD CAM SR media.

Overnight the format became unusable.

The metric system is coming so you better learn it!

It was coming along with "the killer bees and fire ants from South America."

That nothing, my mom made us wait 3 hours, go figure...
Might as well leave the pool after lunch.

As a young kid we had to pay to swim, and if you get to the pool in the AM you get all day expect the "cramp" break after lunch.

What the he!! you gonna do for three hours at a public pool if you aren't swimming?

Get warts from touching toads.
My career choice would not support a family.
Sitting too close to the TV causes bad eyesight.

Might as well leave the pool after lunch.

As a young kid we had to pay to swim, and if you get to the pool in the AM you get all day expect the "cramp" break after lunch.

What the he!! you gonna do for three hours at a public pool if you aren't swimming?
In our casa, we were on the coast and hsd a nice beach but man, that was some suffering...

Years ago the old house my family shared for vacations had common double hung windows. The sides of the casement angled inwards.
They were painted white and helped send light into the rooms.

However, our Dad told us the angles were there to allow easier aiming (of rifles) to fight the Indians.
This is comparable to slits in castle walls with room to move the cannon side to side for better width range.

Back