What things did your parents tell you that weren't true

Bundle up or you'll get sick. Ah no, just cold!!
My parents were very particular about following all the published rules. Winter coats were a good example.

If the temperature in the morning was 45 and rising, it was OK to wear the lighter jacket to school. If it was less than 45, or if the temp wasn't rising, it had to be the heavy coat. These rules were so heavily ingrained that even today if I see a kid wearing just a hooded sweatshirt I think to myself, it is only 40 degrees, how did that kid's mom let him out of the house?

My father had 5 sons and no daughters and a very good sense of humor...he used to tell us "It's as easy to marry a rich girl as a poor girl"....none of us married rich girls.

My babysitter who was actually my mother growing up gave me a fact that I believed until seventh grade.

I asked her what makes wind, and she told me that trees make the wind.

This is kinda true, no?

Well it is sort of true. Most (not all) people love to sit on their large asset.

True up until 1970 or something. Now you can lounge your entire life. Eat fine.

I never even heard that before. Were they just being silly?

My dad said some crazy stuff...........he was big on "easier on the car to downshift that use the brakes". I would always be doing the physics in my head when he said that.
I have to agree with dad, never burnt the clutch and you are in the correct gear to join the traffic

That antifreeze/coolant was "terribly hard" on head gaskets - had problems with overheating on 66 Chrysler when he didn't use enough or any coolant - that it was cheaper to buy a whole car than to keep a car maintained -

Back