what temp does the chunks in autorx dissolve/melt at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i noticed some small clearish chunks in the fill tube today.i had added autorx a week ago.
do these have to get hot to dissolve or do they just get filtered out?
btw the fill tube is 2 feet long and runs somewhat horizontal at the top.

I think that has been discussed on here before. As I remember, it is lanolin and will not hurt a thing. If you hold it between your fingers it will melt. Not a problem at all. It will eventually melt and become part of the oil or it will wash down the next time you add oil.

Clean away and enjoy.

smile.gif

i washed it down with a top up qt.rinsed the arx bottle so i didnt waste any and noticed the jello bits.
just never noticed them before and i have done 6 treatments on various apps.one was a honda 305 that would foul both plugs in 25mi.
100 mi later it stopped smoking/fouling and picked up some power.

Leo,

Normally when this is mixed with the oil it dissolves. You can hold it between your fingers at body temp and it melts. Once melted, it becomes part of the host oil in the engine.

smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Shaman:
Next time put it in some almost boiling water for a few minutes. That is what I did, then poured oil in to get the last bit out.

This is exactly what I did this weekend with the girlfriend's auto-rx application. Came out fine.

quote:

Next time put it in some almost boiling water for a few minutes. That is what I did, then poured oil in to get the last bit out.

I did this too. I think this step should be added to the instructions to ensure you get all the "good stuff" out of the bottle.

Most people realize warm fluids flow better than cold fluids. AKA, hot honey verses cold honey.

Bring into the house and warm it up or mix it with warm engine oil.

Just hot tap water is sufficient to thin down the viscocity of ARX. Typical hot water from the tap is 110 F. This is plenty to flow ARX easily from the bottle. I also suggest adding it to warm engine oil and immediately running the motor for ease of dispertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back