What SYN oils are 100% GP-III base?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if they exist, can they still be pushed to 10k like so many like to say "synthetics" can??? (meaning compared to those that also use GP-IV & V mixed into there formulas)

i dont think any oil is 100% anything besides maybe SA rated stuff.
they are always going to be a mix. most oils that add groupV are just using it as additives. you should do a search on basestocks its all here in the old posts.

most affordable oils are mainly group III with some group IV and/or V.
dont forget all the basestocks are is a foundation, you still needs walls and a roof. try to look at the overall performance of the oil and make a decision based on that.

more food for thought. if a PAO broke it would turn into wax and if an Ester broke you would have solvent and maybe acid if some water mixed in it. of coarse i have never heard of anyone breaking them but if it did happen....

I believe Pennzoil Ultra is mostly if not all group 3 per the faq on the front page
Quote:
11. Are the base stocks group III, IV, or V?

Pennzoil Ultra™ is blended with Group III base stocks. These give superior solvency performance to Group IV base stocks, which we believe aids our aim to provide oil that delivers as close to “Factory Clean”. Rather than focus on any single component in the formulation, we focus on the end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back