What stocks are good to buy before facemask mandate ends?

Every financial advisor are different, some are very good and some are terrible snakes.

There are some on BITOG but they don’t mention it.

My wife and I have been with EJ for about seven years, our advisor goes over the fees with us each year, it works out to about 1.3%. Things may be different in the US, I am not sure. I literally look at it two or three times a year.

With that said any extra money I used to just give to them, I started putting into the market myself, because it is easy enough, cheaper, and kind of entertaining... Some indexes and some individual plays here and there. The program with them has been successful enough so we continue to do that on our original schedule.

I have a few G's that I want to invest for my 12y.o. daughter. I a;ready have a 401 with Vanguard. What what be some good ETF'S to throw it in?

I have a few G's that I want to invest for my 12y.o. daughter. I a;ready have a 401 with Vanguard. What what be some good ETF'S to throw it in?
Right now I’d personally put it in some sort of income or high dividend paying etf. Maybe CIK or OXSQ, and reinvest the div. I’m not for trying to time the market, but most everything looks overpriced. Those types of funds pay a good yield monthly so you can compound for a bit. Rising rates make some risk but not enough imo to avoid them. Even if earnings truly accelerate to ramp down high P/E, the bull run Covid aside is awful long, and needs a correction. I don’t see the S&P staying at 4xxx for the long run, without a decent pull back.

Im not really an advocator for timing the markets, but buying at a historic high isn’t prudent either.

Last edited:
I would talk to a Schwab rep or maybe just use the Schwab Intelligent Portfolio.
She's 12; she has the benefit of time value of money.

Good for you; starting early is awesome! So many people miss the boat and struggle later.
Good luck and happy investing.

I would do dollar cost averaging if you think the market is going to tank. I have tried to wait for the market to drop but found that if I just invested the money at the start of the year in January, I'd end up ahead instead of waiting for the right time. That never seems to come because once it drops, you think it's going to continue dropping and then it just shoots back up again. You could either spread it out over 12 months or just do some automatic investing every week til it's all invested. Also with the 401k, are you also fully invested in your IRA/Roth? I'm still a fan of the S&P 500, I had a couple of funds that track the Nasdaq more than the S&P and those are trailing this year although it's been ahead if you look at the 3 and 5 year returns. Year to date the S&P 500 is still up over 13%.

The lowest cost one. Without knowing your tax rate and your risk tolerance I would not know whether to recommend dividend or growth stock to buy.

. . Also with the 401k, are you also fully invested in your IRA/Roth? i'm not familiar with "fully invested" All I have is 401k. I have had it for about 15 years, at 280K as of right now. Job matches with up to 4%.
i'm not familiar with "fully invested" All I have is 401k. I have had it for about 15 years, at 280K as of right now. Job matches with up to 4%.

i'm not familiar with "fully invested" All I have is 401k. I have had it for about 15 years, at 280K as of right now. Job matches with up to 4%.
Fully vested is a term used to determine how much of your 401k funds you can take with you when you leave your company. Vesting refers to the ownership of your 401k. While all the money that you personally have contributed to your 401k is yours and will go with you if you choose to leave your company, the company match may not based on time with the company

Many companies' policies range from three to seven years in order for you to be “fully vested” in your 401k and own the entirety of the account balance if you leave. Some may allow you to be vested for a percentage of that amount, which increases each year until you reach the maximum amount.

Good job on the $280K! Keep it up and you’ll have $1M in there before you know it. And most of it will be growth and match.

Our state never had a mask mandate but the governor did allow local governments to impose one, so for the most part there was one, as of May 2021 he banned them from having mandates and yes, hotels, shopping centers and restaurants are packed again.

As I previously posted the mask mandate ending has been already priced into the market long before the mandates ended. Maybe now, look more into the future as we really are almost now like a market pre-covid.
If your into the industries rebounding choose the ones you think are going to do much better then the earnings estimates or look for solid value and stable companies no matter how "boring" they maybe.
I think there will be a reshuffle of some market leaders in all industries ? Maybe, the ones who figure out and pass through the supply chain constraints better then the others.
But I think at this point, look much more into the future, solid earnings increases and stable companies, it all depends on how much risk you want to take on. No one knows where this market will end up and I mean no one so at least diversify a bit, again, if your looking to be conservative.

I read some posts in here and want to remind you of one thing. No one in here who owns stock has a profit, I read lots of posts about how much their 401k is worth etc, etc. Yes, its nice to look at, even for me but it is NOT a profit or worth anything if you still own the stocks/equities.
Any profit is unrealized profits until the day you turn it into cash. All the talk in here, even me, means nothing if the market stagnates or some event causes it to get slashed 20,30,40% over the years people have become complacent thinking, no problem if it does go down because Uncle Sam will take care of it and make it go back up, well, he is almost out of money and still blowing through it holding the market up so even now its a bit of a fantasy market, once they throttle down their buying activity while at the same time increase interest rates ... all I know... the next few years will be interesting and unseen in history, something this massive of scale regarding government trying to control the market.

Last edited:
You can contribute up to 6k to a Roth or traditional IRA or up to 7k if you're over 50. I was just asking if you had already contributed that amount. Otherwise you're better off saving a few g's in those accounts rather than in your daughter's name as they won't expect that big of a contribution from you from a financial aid stand point as they would expect from her if it were in her name.

alarmguy,

I follow Michael Burry and agree there’s lots of bad news and very BIG bubbles that are on the horizon and headed our way.

daves66nova,

Dollar cost averaging is your best bet in a basic S&P500 fund.

Fully vested is a term used to determine how much of your 401k funds you can take with you when you leave your company. Vesting refers to the ownership of your 401k. While all the money that you personally have contributed to your 401k is yours and will go with you if you choose to leave your company, the company match may not based on time with the company

Many companies' policies range from three to seven years in order for you to be “fully vested” in your 401k and own the entirety of the account balance if you leave. Some may allow you to be vested for a percentage of that amount, which increases each year until you reach the maximum amount.

Good job on the $280K! Keep it up and you’ll have $1M in there before you know it. And most of it will be growth and match.
Dang, now I remember well what it meant! Yeah, I've been fully vested after 5 years and now I'm going on 17 years next year. I still wish I knew where to move around to, so that I can maximize earnings. I have 13 more years to go, What would be a hypothetical amount that I would have ,in 13 years?

Dang, now I remember well what it meant! Yeah, I've been fully vested after 5 years and now I'm going on 17 years next year. I still wish I knew where to move around to, so that I can maximize earnings. I have 13 more years to go, What would be a hypothetical amount that I would have ,in 13 years?
Gotta talk to a professional for those answers bud. I heard it’s supposed to double every 7-10yrs. Depending on the market and how you invested. So hypothetically the balance could double once or double twice... But there too many variables to that math.

I keep hearing these "Fisher investments" commercials. They claim that they are a fiduciary and that they only make money when you make money. That a good one? Also, do they move around 401k's?

There's lots of S&P 500 calculators out there. You could go back 13 years, punch in what you have now and see the number. That would also include 2008 so that gives you a good bump in the road as that seems to happen every 10 years or so anyway. You could also play around with the returns based on the performance of the 3, 5 or 10 year period. But hey, it's all theoretical.

I keep hearing these "Fisher investments" commercials. They claim that they are a fiduciary and that they only make money when you make money. That a good one? Also, do they move around 401k's?
You would probably make less money as they would take out a fee and 75% of professionally managed funds don't beat the S&P 500. The S&P 500 has averaged almost 14% over the last 10 years. If an investment fund gets you 10-12%, you'd probably be happy until you realize that they took a few percentage of growth to pay for their commercials and management. Also you're just limited to the funds you have in the 401k and those investment companies can't manage those, they're referring more to money you have in the bank because then they can use it to buy various funds/stocks and generate various fees.

Read some of the reviews. It's not clear that he outperforms all the time.

There's lots of S&P 500 calculators out there. You could go back 13 years, punch in what you have now and see the number. That would also include 2008 so that gives you a good bump in the road as that seems to happen every 10 years or so anyway. You could also play around with the returns based on the performance of the 3, 5 or 10 year period. But hey, it's all theoretical.

You would probably make less money as they would take out a fee and 75% of professionally managed funds don't beat the S&P 500. The S&P 500 has averaged almost 14% over the last 10 years. If an investment fund gets you 10-12%, you'd probably be happy until you realize that they took a few percentage of growth to pay for their commercials and management. Also you're just limited to the funds you have in the 401k and those investment companies can't manage those, they're referring more to money you have in the bank because then they can use it to buy various funds/stocks and generate various fees.
My wife had her retirement actively managed by a firm and mine was on auto pilot with low cost index funds... She was getting nickel and dime with fees and charges and mine was still out performing hers by a country mile. She switched to target date index fund when she transferred to a new employer and never looked back. Not saying all actively managed accounts are bad by any means just saying it didn’t work out for us.

Back