What song did I Hear?

No no no no no, this is hopeless. Maybe I need to find out the radio station Home Depot uses.

No no no no no, this is hopeless. Maybe I need to find out the radio station Home Depot uses.
I was going to tell you that Home Depot (and other retail stores) have their own corporate "radio" piped into all their stores. But I saw you identified it, good job! (y) I've never heard of that song before.

HAH I FOUND IT. I googled Top funk/RnB songs and found it! I didn't hear "FLY". I heard "Slide"

Slide by Slave.
I remember them! Now that is some funky R&B. The lead guitar and bass player were phenomenal. Unfortunately they were lost in the disco craze (and subsequent backlash) and didn't get the recognition that they deserved. Many people that hear them mistake them for the Ohio Players, they both come from the same area (Ohio) and they sound a lot like them.

Last edited:
Hear a bit of Sly and the Family Stone along with Earth , Wind and Fire . (y)
Agreed. I also hear a little AWB and Isley Brothers influence. The big difference is Slave's phenomenal (and highly underrated) rock & roll style lead guitarist, Marc Hick. It has been said that Marc Hick was a big influence on Prince's guitar style, and you can hear it in Price's performances.

Agreed. I also hear a little AWB and Isley Brothers influence. The big difference is Slave's phenomenal (and highly underrated) rock & roll style lead guitarist, Marc Hick. It has been said that Marc Hick was a big influence on Prince's guitar style, and you can hear it in Price's performances.

Thanks for the details . Did enjoy the guitar . It's Marc Hicks .

I remember them! Now that is some funky R&B. The lead guitar and bass player were phenomenal. Unfortunately they were lost in the disco craze (and subsequent backlash) and didn't get the recognition that they deserved. Many people that hear them mistake them for the Ohio Players, they both come from the same area (Ohio) and they sound a lot like them.

😍I'm in love.

Home Depot played THAT?

I've heard Atlanta Rhythm Section and other funkadelic things at Forman Mills but. This is an all time high of anything heard at a store..

Break out the O'Jays and The Traamps for Disco follow up...

Back