What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have over 100qts of GC M03/M04. I finally have come to the conclusion if one didn't pay the money or was not a member of BITOG the original technical analysis (not just a VOA or UOA)is not availible in full to members. Just bits and pieces. As the last post of the GC/Euro oil states not much has been said about these oils base/additive combinations and what they mean for the average layman. So during the hysteria I bought a bunch of these oils. Yes, the oil does make my car run quieter than any other oil I've ever tried.
I have a piston slap issue in my engine. The GC is the only oil that "brings it under control". Near my new car warrantys end I plan to put some plain old oil meeting the MFG's specs and take it in a say look I have piston slap and maybe get an engine or short block. Thats about a year away the way I drive and 25 qts. Obviously I eventually run out. Should I sell the oil now while interest is still present or run it in my new engine hoping a better oil has not been provided by the oil MFG's.

I have made a promise to a prospective buyer that he gets first choice should I decide to sell.
The plot thickens. I will be having knee surgery soon and be incapacitated to some degree and may go auto trans
mad.gif
. Plus the money would come in handy since the insurance won't pay all the costs.
Maybe I should just forget about it and know I've got oil for all my vehicles for the next few years.
Thoughts anyone?
Is it too late at night to be thinking of such things- me thinks so.

GC
cheers.gif

Why in the world would you want to get rid of the Elixer? Trust me, it is worth far beyond what Castrol is charging for it in the US. Just take a look at how many variations of this formula are coursing through the veins of European automotiva...er automotivedom...er...you get the idea.

If you sell the Elixer,
You will soon be cryin'.
Cause the internals of your motor
Will suddenly start fryin'.......yup it's all true

PAO base fluid
PAO/polymer but no one knows from who
DI package like most form a major supplier
green dye
AF
smoke and mirrors
Bruce

quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:
PAO base fluid
PAO/polymer but no one knows from who
DI package like most form a major supplier
green dye
AF
smoke and mirrors
Bruce

Bruce...Bruce...Bruce...we need to talk about the "smoke and mirrors" comment
grin.gif

The Elvish ones NEVER use smoke and mirrors... a little exotische Chemie maybe...but never smoke and mirrors...yup...it's all true.

quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:
maybe but show me the data will call Terry on tuesday to discuss "exotic" ester.
bruce

That is your best move...don't want to make more out of this than it should be but I also don't want to be the guy who crosses the line of propriety. You know what the Chinese say, "為了越過禮貌的行業把脖子放在一個脆弱的位置中"

will see what happens this forum needs more people with the formulating knowledge not just
industry "buzz words"
bruce

I agree it is a good deal comparative to other synthetics. Am I correct in my assumption that it is a PAO/Ester mix?

I know I didn't pitch in on the "tests", but that all happended before I knew what was going on. I basically bought $400+ worth of oil on hype and perceived good will. Some members of another board really liked the stuff so I trusted their opinion. I knew the stuff was out of production and bought it at a risk really. It is VW 502, but doesn't meet any other of the criteria of the oil to be used in my vehicle- but the maintenance book only says 1 criteria need be met- the VW502 on the back of the bottle put it in my garage. It is the most unusual oil I've ever been associated with (that's auto tech since 1977). I do get a lifter peck or two when first started in the morning, but otherwise its budda. I have a clearance problem in my engine. I'm convinced of it. This oil eliminates the noise symptom. I don't like the VW tech's availible around here tearing into my engine (which runs very well and quite strong). I'm patially disabled thus real wrenching is just a memory for me. So I'm waiting till I can't wait any more. About a year I say. At the end of warranty I'll put a normal oil that meets specs in a take her in and maybe get a block/long/short, pay a core, keep the old, have Barnes and Reece build a monster. Which brings me back to square one- What the help is this suff. I've sent in enough oil samples to Blackstone as a professional (mechanical failure inspections for warr. co's.) to get an idea of what were dealing with. Several thousand till a UOA. My M1 0w40 came back cherry, but the engine slapped like a thrashing machine. Acutally historicallly I've been a Valvoline man. Then became convinced as a business car my prior TDI was best on Delo Full Synthetic- especially considering the price vs. Delvac. Had great results. I would consider using Chevron in my 1.8T. Bla, Bla, Bla. I done.

It's good, but why? It's going to get to where trade secrets handcuff everthing. First computers/software, oil, what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back