What riding mower?

We now have 1.2 acres of slightly sloped land, fairly rough, with a septic mound. Several trees, some obstacles.

What riding mower under $3500?
I don’t have any experience with ZT’s. My neighbors have an entry level Bad Boy and love it. I think it’s the second or third model with the second smallest deck. They have around 2.5-3 acres and can mow 3-4 times on a tank. I think it holds around 5 gallons.

Dealer support is local (and IMO a good deciding factor to anything with an engine), which is a plus too. They bought it used when I was only a year old.

JD X 300 series. I have spent 3 summers mowing my friends lawn (just did the battery swap and initial run today) and she has an x320 (no longer available); The thing is a champ, easy to service, not a tin can made for big box stores. Kawasaki motor, spin on filter. She has it major bedrock with it and it keeps on motoring. I don't have experience with other brands, but I became a JD believer after using this thing.

edit: it appears the kawa motor is available on the x350 and up. x330 has a "cyclonic" motor; not clear what that is.
Another vote here for the JD X series. Bought my X350 in April of 2016. Love the Kawi motor, 100 hours on it thus far with no issues. Should last me 20 years. Built stout, cast front axle, steel frame - built like riders used to be.

Back