What permanent thread locker for 2" diam. threaded shaft?

Permanent thread locker. 2" threaded shaft w/ nut. I was thinking green color, but I got no clue what to ask for....or where to source.

Email loctite.

It depends upon how permanent you mean and if you can heat the parts for disassembly if needed.

If it's really permanent, I have used a lot of Loctite 680 for larger threaded connections in critical applications, it hasn't failed yet. But assembly does require heating the threads until the adhesive lets go.

Prep is important, make sure the surfaces are clean, and if it's not ferrous metal there's an activator Henkel recommends, the instructions are on the website.

It depends upon how permanent you mean and if you can heat the parts for disassembly if needed.

If it's really permanent, I have used a lot of Loctite 680 for larger threaded connections in critical applications, it hasn't failed yet. But assembly does require heating the threads until the adhesive lets go.

Prep is important, make sure the surfaces are clean, and if it's not ferrous metal there's an activator Henkel recommends, the instructions are on the website.
Clean the area with brake cleaner or alcohol (Mass airflow sensor spray) and let it dry Then use the Loctite 680 which needs to get almost red hot to break the bond as said above, it truly is strong stuff! Used a lot of it and the steel would break before the Loctite. The red 272 is ok but for that big of threads because it's to thin

Back