What parts to stock?

If motor oil included-been stocking up of kirkland synthetic oil since using a lot of those lately from friends and relatives oil change,not bad for 6k/6 months oil change.They just raised 2 jug/box to 29.99 plus tax.

Based on the cars you named, do you actually off road at a distance from commerce?
That would affect what I would have to carry along, in those cases.
(I have an ignition/sensor and the like kit for the Durango - for the national forests and OBX.)

Not trying to burst your bubble but stock piling is the reason we have shortages.

That being said, the only beneficial part to stock is the universal stuff. Wiper blade inserts, bulbs, fluids, universal hoses. Any vehicle specific part will be a waste of money unless you know your car will need it within the near future.

I still have a spare set of brake pads for a Subaru sitting on the shelf somewhere. I brought it as “spares”. Cars been long gone. Waste of $40.

My Jeep has a “parts car.” Bought it for $500. That is good above advice.

If you don’t mind spending a little money, I’d definitely get some OE fuel pumps. Maybe a crank position sensor for the Jeep and whatever the FJ and Tahoe (isn’t that what you have?) would go through.

I wish I bought the Bosch 4 hole injectors for my Jeep when they were made. I don’t believe they are now. Only rebuilt.

Tires... I got lucky last winter with some Pirelli P4s that will go on wifey's car next spring. Also got some barely used Lionharts that I ran on my car just to "use up." The time to buy was 8 months ago though.

I have a stock of 2nd gen prius parts that don't fit any of my daily drivers. Needed one cheap front wheel bearing, bought a pack of two on ebay, that sort of thing. Coil packs, TPMS sensors, oops, overdid a little.

Gasoline you will probably be fine with, there are dozens of discrete supply chains that can cover for each other in that regard. If it gets really bad they can waive the RVP requirements-- they did after Katrina. The problems we are having are with one-off parts with only one "just in time" supply chain that breaks.

Several years ago I read in a publication that the truly smart people who prepare for crises will purchase a carton of cigarettes even if they do not smoke. That way when the time comes, they will be able to barter for just about anything and everything they might need after a crisis.
That might be in some 3rd world country where everyone still smokes. The number of smokers have gone down and like anything, tobacco also ages so it starts to degrade. Shelf life is rated at about 2 years. When did this ever come in handy in a crisis in the US where regular dollar bills wouldn't have worked?

ASSUMING we can get fuel in the future what should we stock up on? Certainly can't keep every part.

Thoughts?
I think you're getting into hoarding there as others mentioned. I wouldn't stock any parts you're not going to use in the next couple years so things like oil filters/transmission fluids/filters, wiper blades, cabin filters would be fine to stock. But why have an alternator or starter on the shelf if you might never need it? Also some parts only have a one or two year warranty. It would be bad to stock up on something only to find out 2 years later there was something wrong with it and no longer in warranty.

No real point stocking up when the supply chain might free up a little in the next few months after Christmas when sales tend to slow down, that might give the supply chain time to catch up. You're also not really beating inflation when the S&P 500 is up 26.4% year to date, better to just keep the funds invested for now instead of locked up in parts.

Back