What oils are all or mostly made in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

just wondering which oils if any are completely US based. I know there are some that get their basestocks from elsewhere, bottle mix and bottle locally.

I'm just trying to shop locally if you know what I mean.

I've heard amsoil is. I run that in my wifes mazda. What about mobil? Castrol? Havoline? etc....

Thanks.

Most oils are blended as near the point of sell as practical to reduce shipping expenses (liquids are heavy).
There are several base oil plants in the US and the product is treated as a commodity. A few such as Shell have a self sustained supply chain. Most the oil even with PAO's is from overseas.

Schaeffer's is based near St. Louis, MO.

Royal Purple is based in Texas.

I know those oils are blended there, but I can't tell you where they get their base from.

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
I thought Conoco Phillips was Texas based as well.

They use a lot of South Korean Group III base oils.

Several companies do. I believe that I've read that Valvoline also uses it.

My 11X5gal containers of Delvac 1 SHC 5W-40 were bottled in Cairo, Egypt.

Charlie

Unimog U500/Unicat camper, BMW X5 35d

Redline is a small, honest-by-all-accounts company that makes an excellent oil.

I must admit leaning toward Redline before switching to M1 for my last OC. This was motivated by a combination of curiosity regarding their HM oil formulation, and the $10 "Ike" rebate - payment of which I HAVE YET TO SEE.
mad.gif

Since XOM has apparently lied to me (and many others, if the rebate thread remotely represents reality), I doubt I'll be using their stuff again. Back to Plan 'A'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back