What oil should I use?

Hello, I need help picking a oil viscosity. The car is a 2013 Subaru BRZ. With a edelbrock eforce supercharger kit. Max boost is 7psi. The supercharger is water cooled with its own oil system. The owners manual says to use 0w-20 N/A. I live in Pennsylvania, however I do not drive in temps below 20. The car is parked for the winter. I just drive it to work occasionally and weekends. I switched from 0w-20, to amsoil signature series 5w-30 because sti’s use 5w-30 (not sure if this was a good idea after reading some forums possibly too thick?)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello, I need help picking a oil viscosity. The car is a 2013 Subaru BRZ. With a edelbrock eforce supercharger kit. Max boost is 7psi. The supercharger is water cooled with its own oil system. The owners manual says to use 0w-20 N/A. I live in Pennsylvania, however I do not drive in temps below 20. The car is parked for the winter. I just drive it to work occasionally and weekends. I switched from 0w-20, to amsoil signature series 5w-30 because sti’s use 5w-30 (not sure if this was a good idea after reading some forums possibly too thick?)
Castrol 0W40 or Mobil1 0W40 from Wal Mart.

If this is for the Subaru engine then 0w-20 or 5w-30 API SL,SM,SN seems to be the recommendation for your engine. You're not tracking the car so high temp oil thinning and fuel dilution shouldn't be an issue. I'd go with the 5w-30 API SN oil, if you go too thick then you essentially swap one set of problems for another.

For your Edelbrock supercharger, just stick with the OEM recommendation.

If this is for the Subaru engine then 0w-20 or 5w-30 API SL,SM,SN seems to be the recommendation for your engine. You're not tracking the car so high temp oil thinning and fuel dilution shouldn't be an issue. I'd go with the 5w-30 API SN oil, if you go too thick then you essentially swap one set of problems for another.

For your Edelbrock supercharger, just stick with the OEM recommendation.
What are those problems?

Back