What oil should I consider for my new 2021 RS6 avant?

Audi recommends 0W 40 meeting 511-00 specs. I don't have a clue what options are even widely available but I do know that for the price of this bad boy I need to make sure I use the right oil. I am not concerned about gas mileage (there is no hope) but I do want to protect this engine. I drive primarily 5-10 mile trips and 2 or 3 20 mile trips each week. I am wide open to suggestions.

Audi recommends 0W 40 meeting 511-00 specs. I don't have a clue what options are even widely available but I do know that for the price of this bad boy I need to make sure I use the right oil. I am not concerned about gas mileage (there is no hope) but I do want to protect this engine. I drive primarily 5-10 mile trips and 2 or 3 20 mile trips each week. I am wide open to suggestions.
Sweet ride...Bad Boy is an understatement! Enjoy

Any pics of the new ride ?

I see this Mobil oil is spec'd for VW511.00

about time they brought it over to the the states. really was a head scratcher

in europe 9/10 RS6 owners are drug dealers for some reason. they’re also enormous theft magnets.

Last edited:
Very nice car. Use what the dealer puts into it.
1620252924897.jpg

I see this Mobil oil is spec'd for VW511.00

That's a Mobil page from Greece. Wonder if it's available in the US...

The choice is slim. I'm a semi mechanic and deal with diesel particulate filters. Your car has a gasoline particulate filter. You can take a nice vacation to Europe for what the Audi dealer would charge to replace the GPF out of the emission warranty. Use the correct oil and retain all service and warranty work. Ignore people that tell you to use anything but the appropriate oil. I would go to a Audi or Porsche and get some if topping the oil is required.

There aren't many 511 options in North America yet, the dealer might be the only option. If they allow 504 oils instead (look in the manual or under the hood), I would use 5W30 Mobil 1 ESP.

The choice is slim. I'm a semi mechanic and deal with diesel particulate filters. Your car has a gasoline particulate filter. You can take a nice vacation to Europe for what the Audi dealer would charge to replace the GPF out of the emission warranty. Use the correct oil and retain all service and warranty work. Ignore people that tell you to use anything but the appropriate oil. I would go to a Audi or Porsche and get some if topping the oil is required.

No it doesn't, not in North America.

Thanks. I guess it only makes sense to let the dealer do the oil changes....but with 11 quarts it will be pricey. No pictures yet...waiting to get tint, ceramic coating and ppf. It is glacier metallic white with the black optic package. There is not much about this car that is not spectacular.....I am most amazed at how well it rides on the monster 22's.....of course the power just keeps coming but I expected that. This is one fun station wagon!

Beautiful wagon. IMO it is a perfect car: fast, beautiful, practical. Awaiting pictures!

Sweet car, congratulations!

Stick with 511 for sure. The Mobil ESP 0w40 is showing in stock at Napa for me, on sale for $5.79 a quart even. But not a lot of sources for any 511 oil.

I don't know what oil to recommend but that's a very cool car you got there! If it were mine I would never be doing 5-10 mile trips. I would always take the long way to get anywhere! :ROFLMAO:

Back