What oil in a track adn daily driven 2001 Celica GT-S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Although I don't have an oil temp. gauge I have asked otehr Celica owners and one with a GT-S (8300rpm redline) and a "sandwich type" oil cooler as getting around 220 degs F at 75 degs F ambient temp (I think his oil was Mobil 1 10w-30). Another owner was reading almost 300 degs F at 100 degs F ambient temperature, but this was with the GT (6700rpm redline, I think). So with this new information, does everyone still think the same way?
Thanks for your time

SurferX: Perhaps we have seen each other, what clubs do you usually go with? My last event was it Redline track events/ Duratec performance. If you were there you might have seen my red Celica stuck on the run off at turn 3/4 stuck in the dirt (Stupid throttle cbale wasn't tightened all the way). I will probabaly be there again in Juen or July 11th. How about you?

So is that 220F with the GT-S during track racing or normal driving? And is his oil cooler stock...i.e. same thing you would have?

If thats track and same stuff you have...I'd stick with 10w30 RL. If not I'd use 10w40...

Sorry should have made that clear, eh has an aftermarket oil cooler, I do not. And those temps are at the track. He said that during normal driving the temps are 160 degs F and in the canyons they are about 200-210 degs F. BTW does anyone know what type oil cooler I should get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back