what oil for my cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i am new here, ive been snooping around here for awhile though . my question is what would be a good oil for both of these cars. i dont want a bunch of different types in the garage just one type for both would be great. my first car is a 2008 pontiac vibe just bought it about 6 months ago and just used the last free oil change. and a 98 sl2 my beater car. both run good though the saturn has over 200,000miles and the vibe has about 70,000 so what would be a good oil for both that isnt extremely expensive. thanks all and glad to be here.

Buy your oil to suit the requirement for viscosity that is in the Vibe's owners manual. Then use that in the Saturn, too. The principle at work here is to protect your more valuable asset.

They both will run fine on 5w30 if you go that route. The 1.8 in the Vibe probably specs 5w20 but I wouldn't put 5w20 in the Saturn, so if you are using one oil, use any quality 5w30, which should serve you just fine.

Pennzoil Platinum 5w30....is a light 5w30....that IMO, should work well in both your vehicles.

PP can be purchased now at WM...for about $25 (5 qt.jug).... with $5 off at checkout. In addition, there is a $10 rebate at the Pennzoil website. This is an excellent time to purchase this oil.

Depending on your driving habits....your OCI can be anywhere between 6k to 8.5K. It will do 10K under ideal conditions.

My choice for a flter.... would be a Purolator PureOne....if you can find them for both vehicles. They can be bought on Amazon for about $5 each. PureOne, IMO, is a excellent mid-tier filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back