What oil for best fuel economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: VicMatson
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: VicMatson
I'm looking for a balance between OCI's,mpg, and the cost of oil. For example if PP gives me longer OCI's and I have to pay someone to change it, then even if it costs more I may be ahead even if it suffers from less fuel economy.

At 50-60,000 miles a year knowing what my actual cost per miles driven can be important.

Since you drive up to 60k miles a year that means mostly highway miles and you pay someone to do oil change, you should consider M1 EP. With M1 EP you can get away with 15k miles OCI and you need to do only 4 OCI's a year.
I have used Mobile EP for years, but it scares me a bit. If you have a new engine it's great, but in an older one it gets black at around 6-7,000 miles or so. I also have to say that I buy cars at auction with about 80,000 miles on them before I get them.

Lately though I have been using a pump to evacuate and change the filter every other time. My complex doesn't allow DIY maintenance.

Last time I rented a rack at a DIY place and did a trifecta. Oil, coolant, and transmission fluid at the same time witch took me less that an hour. I get the impression the service franchises hate me now.

There's always old oil left in an unchanged filter. Between that and the detergents in M1 cleaning your engine that is why I suspect the oil is dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back