What oil for a Rolls Merlin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannow,

You owe me a new keyboard!
cheers.gif
I spilled my coffee on it when I saw the pic of that Merlin powered shoebox!!
gr_eek2.gif
shocked.gif

VERY COOL!

All kidding aside. You have a very exotic and expensive engine there. It is NOT similar to a motorcycle engine. PLEASE contact GeorgeCLS who is a sponsor of this board at www.avlube.com for advice as he is an ExxonMobil aviation lubricants distributor.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
Before I get kicked off this board, yes, it's in a road going '55 Chev.

Magazine article indicated that the oil is Penrite, and recommended for Harley's as the engines are similar
confused.gif

Penrite lists their HD motorcycle oil as a 50-70 (no W)

Hey Big-spender,

Just use a top-shelf Group V polyolester oil
like Red-line or Motul.

cheers.gif

Jae

[ April 09, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: J ]

As a drag racer, I bow before the creature come to rule the automotive world! Didn't these things have T/C's on them, too?? I know some WWII
airplnes used N2O, in a pinch.

Just think... if you ever break the rearend, you just put the prop back on the front!! Get the prop with about 8 blades. That should be good for low 7.X's!!

AMAZING!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

I HUMBULY submit this reply,
Kevin
patriot.gif

Sorry if I misled you guys, it's certainly not my toy.

Rod Hadfield at "The Castlemaine Rod Shop" built it as a lifes ambition.

Apparently he's made the guinness book of records as the most powerful street registered car.

What a sweet car!!!!! I'd love to know the dyno #'s on this thing! What is it's 1/4 mile time and 0-60 time? Only in America!!!!!!
grin.gif
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blokey:
Actually, I thought Packard built them under license.
dunno.gif

Un-shrug, Blokey. I just did a search on MSN and Packard it was!

[ April 10, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

and another really off-topic thing that the germans created was demerol and methadone. the former before the war began and the latter after it began and they lost their opium supply. whats the relation to syn. oils? both demerol and methadone are synthetic opioids! told ya it was off-topic. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back