what oil for a mopar 318 V8 with 150K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1994 Jeep grand cherokee and cant decide what oil to run. Right now i have castrol GTX 10-30 high milage in it.Their is a lot of sldge in the motor.It has no oil leaks. Buruns no oil and has 40 psi at idel hot.
I am thinking about
Mobil devalc 15-40
mobil one 15-50
What oil should i run?

Thanks. Im kinda worried about the sludge and read somewhere that the diesel oil has more detergent than regular oil.

I'd say you are an excellent AutoRx candidate.

I've used the AutoRx on a two 125,000+ mile engines.

One a 130,000 mile 4.3L V-6 Ford and found lots of goo in the filter. No performance changes noticed.

Another was a Saturn where I found the same goo in the filter. However, about 400 miles into the first treatment I noticed a significant increased in power output.

I would go to Wal Mart and get a case of Chevron Supreme 10-30. You could do frequent changes every 2000 miles to get some of the crud out or you can do an RX treatment.

Daily Drives:
-2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner XtraCab, Impulse Red, Peppy 2.7 Liter 4 Banger, Running Mobil1 Synthetics SS 5W-30.
ODO 7100 Miles.
-1995 Toyota 4-Runner, Evergreen, 3.0 V6, Running Mobil1 Synthetic SS 10W-30.
ODO 83110 Miles. (Switching to GC next)Nope sticking with M1.
http://community.webshots.com/user/amkeer

Thanks Guys. I think i might order some auto rx soon(funds are liminted just bought a new motorcycle). so i guess ill just run a good diesel oil for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back