What oil for 92 Toyota Corolla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlfriend just got a 92 Corolla with over 100,000 miles on it. It didnt come with a owner's manual so I have no idea what oil to put in it. We live in the midwest so we will be seeing temperatures drop below ZERO. What oil do you guys recomend?? I'm lookin for something relatively cheap and available at wallmart. Thanks..

I drive a 94 corolla (7A-FE), and I like the
synthetic Rotella 5w-40 at Wally world for $13
a gallon. Don't let the diesel rating scare you, it's perfectly fine for a gasser. There's no one perfect oil for any given car or engine; you have to consider the type of driving, and the condition of the engine. In colder climates, a 5w-30, or even 0w-30 synthetic really helps with cold starting.

5{nally posted by Steven:
Girlfriend just got a 92 Corolla with over 100,000 miles on it. It didnt come with a owner's manual so I have no idea what oil to put in it. We live in the midwest so we will be seeing temperatures drop below ZERO. What oil do you guys recomend?? I'm lookin for something relatively cheap and available at wallmart. Thanks.. [/QUOTE]

The manual says 10w-30 from 0 F to over 100 F. 5w-30 for temps only below 60 F I believe ( I have a 94 Corolla as well). I also believe I saw something in the manual stating to not use 5w-30 for sustained high speed driving. I wouldn't recomend a 40 wt. oil, well, maybe in Pheonix or Vegas, but not the midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back