what oil filter to go with amsoil oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, do I need to get an Amsoil oil filter if I want to keep a year interval with Amsoil 0w30? Can a PureOne or K&N last a year?

IMO, no worries with Pure One for 1 yr OCI. Haven't used K&N but I would think they would be fine too. I'd pick the Pure One of a choice between the two.

Originally Posted By: spursfan600
I was wondering, do I need to get an Amsoil oil filter if I want to keep a year interval with Amsoil 0w30? Can a PureOne or K&N last a year?
For their warranty I believe you have to run a EAO filter.

They are some of the best filters made and last a very long time...
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: J_Myler
If I was you I'd just get a EAo oil filter to go with your SSO. How many miles do you plan on going on this oil?

This is for my Mustang which I use only a few thousand miles a year and I dont drive in winter, however I run it hard at the track.

Perhaps you need to define the term "need". I don't use Amsoil, but I do use Pure One oil filters. IMO, they more than meet the need for a one year OCI and I'd use it for that, if I were running a sythetic oil.

That said, if your need is for the absolute best, and cost is no factor, then Pure One would likely not meet your needs. JMO

Mobil 1 filter is a better choice than the EAO, especially for your small amount of miles driven annually- it has been shown to trap almost 2x the amount of small particles compared to the EAO filter.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
For their warranty I believe you have to run a EAO filter.

They are some of the best filters made and last a very long time...
thumbsup2.gif

Oh I believe they are really good filters, Im just worried about the price...

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Mobil 1 filter is a better choice than the EAO, especially for your small amount of miles driven annually- it has been shown to trap almost 2x the amount of small particles compared to the EAO filter.

Not true.

Running it hard at the track factors "Burst Strength" into the equation doesn't it?

Ford Racing, Mobil 1, K&N or Amsoil EAO.

Whichever one is the cheapest.

Originally Posted By: spursfan600
Oh I believe they are really good filters, Im just worried about the price...

If you are doing relatively low mileage throughout the year, you could run it for 2 years without problem I would think.

If you intend to dump the Amsoil oil with say a couple thousand miles or less then I would just use a Wix/M1/Napa Gold instead of the more pricey EAO.

That made me laugh 6x as hard!

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Not true.

Oh no, it is true.....search for analysis by "btanchors" in this forum and look at the particle counts....the Mobil 1 filter way, way ,way outperformed the EAO in his 5000 mile tests....as an Amsoil salesman, you should have known this......always study your competition and dont hide from the truth if you want to maintain credibility

Here is the link for those who want the facts without the [censored] http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1250177#Post1250177

Last edited:
Of course I read that, we all have. But as an "Amsoil salesman", I actually understand what I'm reading. My family is waiting for me with my Father's Day feast, but here's some clues:

One case, with a non-controlled study using a non standard method, with an non-certified lab means very little. The method used by Blackstone doesn't even count particles.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Not true.

Oh no, it is true.....search for analysis by "btanchors" in this forum and look at the particle counts....the Mobil 1 filter way, way ,way outperformed the EAO in his 5000 mile tests....as an Amsoil salesman, you should have known this......always study your competition and dont hide from the truth if you want to maintain credibility

Here is the link for those who want the facts without the [censored] http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1250177#Post1250177

Thanks for the link. Good stuff.

Also, there is always Royal Purple Filters. 100% synthetic media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back