what oil filter to go with amsoil oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Of course I read that, we all have. But as an "Amsoil salesman", I actually understand what I'm reading. My family is waiting for me with my Father's Day feast, but here's some clues:

One case, with a non-controlled study using a non standard method, with an non-certified lab means very little. The method used by Blackstone doesn't even count particles.

Yeah, nothing like a real world test out in the field using a real engine driven by the same owner for the same amount of miles and using the same lab to provide the testing...multiple times, no less.....what was I thinking!!!! Nothing like those in house Amsoil "white paper" testing methods....I trust btanchors results way more than the propaganda released by the marketing department !!!! You should too

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: qship1996
Of course I read that, we all have. But as an "Amsoil salesman", I actually understand what I'm reading. My family is waiting for me with my Father's Day feast, but here's some clues:

One case, with a non-controlled study using a non standard method, with an non-certified lab means very little. The method used by Blackstone doesn't even count particles.

Yeah, nothing like a real world test out in the field using a real engine driven by the same owner for the same amount of miles and using the same lab to provide the testing...multiple times, no less.....what was I thinking!!!! Nothing like those in house Amsoil "white paper" testing methods....I trust btanchors results way more than the propaganda released by the marketing department !!!! You should too

So, do you understand how Blackstone does the "counts"? How do you explain the differences in the link I posted? Why is the last run with the EaO filter better than the first M1 filter? I have nothing against btanchors' testing. Actually I think it's pretty cool, but I just don't think any conclusions can be drawn.

As for Amsoil's tests, you are free not to trust them, but they were run by a certified lab, using controlled ASTM methods and this has nothing to do with the "marketing department".

Originally Posted By: spursfan600
I was wondering, do I need to get an Amsoil oil filter if I want to keep a year interval with Amsoil 0w30? Can a PureOne or K&N last a year?

For a one year interval, any top tier oil filter will be just fine.

Amen!!

I like this guy!
cheers3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: spursfan600
I was wondering, do I need to get an Amsoil oil filter if I want to keep a year interval with Amsoil 0w30? Can a PureOne or K&N last a year?

For a one year interval, any top tier oil filter will be just fine.

alright cool, thats all I wanted to know. I would be inclined to buying the Amsoil filter if the price wasnt so high, however Im not doubting their claims

So, do you understand how Blackstone does the "counts"? How do you explain the differences in the link I posted? Why is the last run with the EaO filter better than the first M1 filter? I have nothing against btanchors' testing. Actually I think it's pretty cool, but I just don't think any conclusions can be drawn.

As for Amsoil's tests, you are free not to trust them, but they were run by a certified lab, using controlled ASTM methods and this has nothing to do with the "marketing department".

Eh ..don't mind qship, he appears to have some anti-sponsor thing going ..definitely anti-Amsoil anyway.

..but to manage this challenge, let us see what the test shows as mileage advances. We shall see what we shall see.

Here's another to try:

Fleetguard LF16002

Synthetic glass media, see what kind of price you can get on it. It's what I run on my 5.4L.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Eh ..don't mind qship, he appears to have some anti-sponsor thing going ..definitely anti-Amsoil anyway.

..but to manage this challenge, let us see what the test shows as mileage advances. We shall see what we shall see.

Gary, I am not "anti-amsoil" other than I hate the way they choose to bring their product to market- anyone who can fog a mirror and stroke a $49 check can become a amsoil dealer and then proclaim to be an oil expert- talk about an uneducated sales force in the making!!! I actually am running a EAO38 filter presently, and have been since I purchased 6 some time ago after believing in the hype of the superior filteration claims vs any other filter- I wanted the EAO to perform better than the M1, just like everyone else who ponied up to the plate- as a consumer, it puzzles and disappoints me to see the results of btanchors results ......I want to find the absolute best filter,regardless of cost or the name on the can.I too await further test results........

Quote:
anyone who can fog a mirror and stroke a $49 check can become a amsoil dealer and then proclaim to be an oil expert

..and millions of mechanics and auto parts store employees and otherwise well educated consumers think that they're oil experts too. They don't even write a check, they collect them.

You're going to get bad eggs in any marketing situation ..or can I assume that you hold the auto-manufacturers in high esteem for the ultra moral and truthful sales and service force that are their public interface? How about our financial sector?

What I'm trying to figure out is the apparent anger and punitive tone you take on. It's your right to be this way, but I don't quite understand it.

After draining the Bio-Syn oil, I'll be trying Amsoil next, like you. In addition to the regular UOA, I'll be getting a particulate analysis from Blackstone to test the Toyota / Denso OEM filter (YZZF1) and compare that filter to the Mobil 1 209 filter (the 209 is bigger than the spec'ed Mobil 103 filter, but someone at PriusChat uses the bigger 209 and likes it).

So soon we'll have the results of a particulate showdown between Toyota OEM YZZF1 and Mobil 209. This Bob guy is costing me lots of money [chuckle]

Amsoil s filter is an extremely long life filter . That is what it is made for. Donaldson and Fleetguard makes a similar element type filter and is well proven in commercial vehicle use. They were used for overthe road trucks when the oil change intervals were around 35,000 miles with dino HDEOS. Before egr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back