What oil filter is the better one to use?

"...differences than just the paint..."
yes, by "those 4 companies". But lots of "same - ness" w/in those companies' line (but not between lines ie good, better, best).
Not sure I am using my wrds right. But think U get what I mean.

My major problem w/the filters is - keepin it straight who makes what 'label'. Also they
(co.s) change hands a bit so makes it tough to keep up.
Post #17 that you made the comment about is taking about the following oil filters, which are not all the same besides the "paint on the can" like you mentioned.

WIX 57021XP
MOBIL M1C152A
FRAM XG8712
NAPA NGF 7021

no, these R on the best end of good, better.
Even w/different names they may have been made by 1 co,
that is the hrd prt 4 me - keeping up w/the makers. A Wally's
World could B "up there" too.

Hello,

I'm looking to change oil in my 2004 volvo xc70, i just recently bought it and its getting about time. I've been running gas treatment since it was pretty bad, and so my oil has been getting dirter then normal. So i'm hoping to get a good oil filter and put some proper syntheic oil in it. I'm hoping to put castrol edge 5-30 in it since its up to volvos standards. I got a couple different filters but can't find beta ratings on many of them, hoping y'all could help. I got 4 in mind.

WIX 57021XP
MOBIL M1C152A
FRAM XG8712
NAPA NGF 7021

I've heard the wix xp filters have low filter ratings at below 20 microns, mobil 1 seems to be really good, people have mixed feelings on fram, i've never personally liked them. and napa gold seems to be everyones favorite. Whats your thoughts?
Pick a filter and use it. No matter what you pick, it will be just as good as what the wags use.

Regarding the WIX 57021XP:
WIX XP oil filters actually have lower filtration efficiency than the WIX standard filters.

Back