What oil can I mix with this? Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i use rotella t-5 10w-30 in my Jeep since it has high levels of zinc and seems to make it run a lot quieter. However I have a slow leak at the oil pan gasket so I drop bout a quart.

My question is what oil can I use to top off with? I didn't know if it'd be safe to use regular motor oil since I'm using diesel oil

A slow leak that drops about a quart. That's a bit contradictory don't you think?

And has Rotella suddenly become unavailable to you? Or are you out in the wild somewhere but you have Internet access and you found Bitog on a random search about what to do?

This is the first time you've ever had to add oil?

Originally Posted by kschachn
A slow leak that drops about a quart. That's a bit contradictory don't you think?

And has Rotella suddenly become unavailable to you? Or are you out in the wild somewhere but you have Internet access and you found Bitog on a random search about what to do?

This is the first time you've ever had to add oil?

I bought the vehicle back in early April, changed the fluids the first weekend. It gets driven maybe once or twice a week. When I noticed that I was low on oil, I wasn't sure who to ask if it was ok to use regular motor oil just to top off. I remember seeing those forum on the local Jeep pages that it always had the best Info on oils for our Jeeps so I figured if anyone knew if it was ok to use regular motor oil with rotella diesel oil it'd be someone in here. They sell rotella here only by 5quart jug, I've contemplated just buying another jug since they are so cheap

Originally Posted by Chris142
Have you checked the pan bolts? Mine came loose as did a few customers over the years. Tightened them up and has been good since.

Yes I did, they were all pretty loose but it's dripping at the gasket where it meets the rear main seal. Every Jeep I've owned has leaked here

We used to say if your Jeep isn't leaking, its probably empty. The drain plug is the lowest point on the engine. Any oil leak above runs down to it. Is it making a mess when parked?

Originally Posted by andyd
We used to say if your Jeep isn't leaking, its probably empty. The drain plug is the lowest point on the engine. Any oil leak above runs down to it. Is it making a mess when parked?

Yeah if I leave the Jeep parked for awhile it'll have a oil stain but nothing to worry bout. When it gets worse I'll eventually replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back