What oil are you guys using in your HEMI Rams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I was reading that trucks with MDS require 5W-20 or the MDS won't work correctly?

This is what the manu says, I would say the ram forum (mostly mds hemis) is about 50/50. 50% of the guys are running 5w30 all with no issues. We even have guys running PUP 0w40 without throwing any codes. I'm not saying I recommend that, but I run 5w30 in my 5.7 and have been for years no issue.

I've been running PPPP 5W-20 and /or 0W-20 in my2012 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 with no known issues. When Menards had a sale on National (Pinnacle) 5W-20 when I first bought the truck I ran that for three O/FCI's with no known problems.

http://www.ramforum.com/

I suggest changing the skin to the white forum (Ramforum Light) at bottom of the page , IMO makes it more enjoyable. They just "upgraded" (choke) the forum page, took some getting used to.

Last edited:
I was using PP 5W20 exclusively for the first 45K miles. Now I use Kendall GT1 5W30 for my 2015 Ram 5.7. I use Kendall for the price point of less then $3 a quart. I average nearly 20mpg in a SLT Big Horn crew cab. Excellent truck and it's my favorite.

I just changed the oil and decided to go with M1 0W/30 AFE atleast for this change. Used a Mopar oil filter from Rock Auto and the next 2 oil changes I have Wix XP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back